• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody thinks that a poor credit rating sticks with you for life.
    They look at the last 12 months only in most cases
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

if you miss a few payments it is fatal for a good credit rating, late payments show up but defaults can kill a credit rating

Comment

Anyway. anybody that has hit the bottom has more incentive to stay there when they get back to the top.

Comment

I will work twenty hours a day if necessary to make sure that I don't put my wife through that again

Comment

58 more posts and I've caught up with the lovely CM again
            Then I will overtake her and annoy our lovestruck teddy bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Try getting into another industry.
              Well, that's really what I'd rather not do. Having spent about IT-related £8,000 on training and qualifications this past few years, I don't think the missus would be too chuffed with me.
              I find it hard to accept that there is no longer an IT industry in the UK. I know the heavy stuff has gone - coal, steel, shipbuilding etc. - but I don't really understand why we are in a position where there's not much hi-tech work either.
              Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Skills like project management are transferable.
              Any major construction or demolition job these days is done under a Construction and Demolition mandate.
              They all require project supervisors.
              Take a construction industry CSCS Health & safety Qualification and they will be phoning you.
              Thank you for the suggestion.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

The beer's working since I'm getting maudlin. I'd best go to bed.
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

The problem is that a lot of the tech is now being outsourced.
                  Usually by the very companies that are complaining about the lack of skilled workers and poor standard of school leavers.
                  If they shut up and invested in our schools and generated employment for our school leavers and skilled techs then they would not need to outsource.
                  but at the end of the day, it is all down to money.

Comment

G'Night

Comment

They will see the error of their ways when foreign companies using the skilled labor that British/Euro companies have funded, take all their contracts and drive them under

Comment

Working...
                      X