• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Got the chappie at Halfords to do mine. Took him ages, and looked like a right old mission. Glad I didn't attempt it myself.
    I had one a couple of weeks ago, I went to Halfords to pick up a bulb and was going to attempt it myself but I got accosted by the assistant who said he'd do it for £8, so I let him. The memory of having to remove half the contents of the engine bay on a previous occasion informed this decision. Anyway, there was a little round plastic screwcap, like on the top of old style sweetie jars which gave convenient access to the whole ensemble - it was a piece of piss. He only charged £4 on that basis. German thoroughness, see. It's a mk V Golf - i hope the new ones are the same.

My next car purchase will be based partly on ease of bulb and tyre changing, i seem to spend a lot of time frigging about with that

Comment

Morning all.

Another frosty day.

I seem unable to contact the plumber re the heating in the ZeitHouse.

This is "unable" in the sense of "can't be arsed" rather than anything else.

Comment

My boiler is in pieces as we speak...

New fan puchased - £140. Twas £80 when we got the last one a couple of years back.

Comment

Tumble dryer on in seemingly futile attempt to warm the place up a bit.

Comment

If push comes to shove here, I have the possibility of an open fire.

Comment

12pm appointment for mrs 5*

I'd better start de-icing the car soon

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                12pm appointment for mrs 5*

I'd better start de-icing the car soon
                What's the verdict? Did they sort her out?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  What's the verdict? Did they sort her out?
                  Its viral but we have a course of anti-biotics on standby incase she goes down ill

Comment

Have a Zeity

Comment

"Wot's that got to do with my knob?"

Bedknobs and broomsticks - always makes me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                      X