• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Taking pictures of food is incredibly difficult even with the correct kit, especially in dimly lit restaurants.

You will always struggle getting it lit correctly without an off camera flash

[SMac in Tog mode]
    And that white umbrella is such a giveaway.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Well mrs 5* is in bed poorly. It seems to be norm for her to get ill over christmas. I just hope it doesnt go the way the past couple have gone - i.e paramedics coming out, morphine, ambulance, resus and another dose of pneumonia.

I'm off to the shops to get milk, bread and some gravy for the home made turkey, ham & leek pie.
      Have a Zeity

Comment

The ZeitLunch is currently cooking.

It's last Sunday's lamb in a hotpot type thing, as made by ZeitMater.

At least I think it's the way she made it if I haven't forgotten sommat.

We'll soon find out.

Comment

Aha!

It came back to me.

Cornflower and a spoonful of Marmite(tm).

Comment

Well mrs 5* is in bed poorly. It seems to be norm for her to get ill over christmas. I just hope it doesnt go the way the past couple have gone - i.e paramedics coming out, morphine, ambulance, resus and another dose of pneumonia.

I'm off to the shops to get milk, bread and some gravy for the home made turkey, ham & leek pie.
            for Mrs 5*

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I know what you mean. The work there is around the East Midlands never seems to be particularly cutting edge, even on the rare occasions that it pays well as opposed to adequately.
              Same here. All of the contract work I've managed to land within easy distance of Nottingham (which isn't much!) has been with councils and was quite frankly tedious (plus the last one had a Computer Futures pimp who spent half an hour one day whilst I was on the client site berating me on the phone because I wouldn't let him direct me in writing how many hours a PWD was ).

Most of my contracts have involved travelling to Yorkshire or the West Midlands and beyond - not cracked London yet (and whilst a permie not looking to! )

Comment

for you and Mrs Five* - that's a pretty crappy way to spend Christmas.

The pie sounds good though - let us know how it turns out!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Aha!

It came back to me.

Cornflower and a spoonful of Marmite(tm).
                  Must be doing sommat wrong with the cornflower coz it didn't go gloopy enough.

Other than that, it was ok.

Comment

We're all in the wars it seems with either being ill or having poorly relatives or other halves

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

My first foray into smoked bacon and both myself and the house stink of hickory smoke
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X