• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touch of bunkitis. Think I'll head back to bed for a bit...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Christmas is an odd time of year with its mandatory merriment.

Feeling a bit DITD (down in the dumps) myself.

Best to remind ourselves that probably 50% of the jolliness is fake, and, unless you're spending it with kids below the age of 12, or people that both a) you like and b) you don't normally spend time with, it's unlikely to be more than a pretence.

Right now I have exactly no Christmas food (I lie, there's some out of date sprouts in the freezer), and am still lacking sufficient presents to ensure that all (adult and near adult) children feel equally loved. ms#5 is inconsiderate enough to have a birthday on Christmas Eve which adds to the pressure.

Mon and Tue next week are blocked out with mother's hospital appointments, so it might well yet be turkey twizzlers and oven chips.
      That never stopped my parents telling me that they would give me an xmas and b'day present in one at xmas.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Shortest day of the year today, after that it's almost summer again

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

Here we is again.

Just cleaning up some of the filth around the place and sorting some of the recycling.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Shortest day of the year today, after that it's almost summer again

Days are getting longer again.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                it might well yet be turkey twizzlers and oven chips.
                Thanks.

That's my Xmas menu sorted.

With the mandatory out of date sprouts for pudding.

Comment

Great.

Coz my left eye is uncomfortable, I now have to wear reading glasses when using this box.

Ho hum.

Comment

Goodness me, the lamb is roasting, the lamb stew is boiling gently away on the cooker.

The rice pud is quietly cooking.

Couldn't be arsed to cut the leg of lamb up, so I'll be eating it for a fortnight.

The bone will come in handy for the next stew.

Comment

How do

Comment

Working...
                      X