• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning

Got a bit of bunkitis

Comment

Morning all.

And a fine frosty sunny morn it is too, to be sure.

Comment

Just discovered that the mp3 rip of Comfortably Numb I made in 2007 doesn't suffer from the same bitrot as the 2011 version.

I wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Rice pudding to come just yet, have no idea if it is cooked all right as I put the oven on at the wrong setting
          I cook it in a glass dish.

That way you can see how it's progressing.

Goes in at the same time as the meat.

Coz the portions are now so small, I find it difficult to time the way I used to when I was cooking for 3.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Couple of hours of the weekend left before bedtime. What to do with this precious time? Ah yes, the feckin ironing
            You iron stuff?

I gave that up yonks ago.

Shirts seem to last longer too.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              Bedsheets.

I've got a Klan meeting on Wednesday and they're quite particuar.

Oh, alright then:
              Shirts *5 - It's my one concession to professionalism.
              t-shirts *5 - They will be given a cursory going over.
              Trousers *3 - same shirt rationale.
              2 Kids school uniforms *1 - that's just a matter of principle, they wouldn't notice.

Is that lot acceptable?
              Amateur.

ZeitMater used to iron socks, towels, sheets, pillowcases, underwear, face flannels as well.

I sometimes think she'd have ironed the cat if it had stayed still long enough.

And I still can't do the hospital corners on the bedding that she used to achieve.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                If I hold my wine glass at just the right tilt, I can see the telly picture crystal clear.

I think this moment is called an howpissedamI.
                FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Amateur.

ZeitMater used to iron socks, towels, sheets, pillowcases, underwear, face flannels as well.

And I still can't do the hospital corners on the bedding that she used to achieve.

Ho hum.
                  Sounds familiar - I recall the 'why are you moaning about all the ironing and yet ironing twice as much stuff as you need to' point I foolishly made once upon a time. I should have said 'Oooh, I know. It's terrible isn't it'. Lesson learnt

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Amateur.

Ho hum.
                      I iron shirts, that's all. Everything else gets hung up after it's been washed and that's good enough for most things.

Comment

Working...
                      X