• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    The Allegro was amazing though. Apparently the body was so bendy and flimsy the windscreen popped out if it was jacked up on one corner; the solution was to keep two jacks and jack up the whole side, alternating between each jack to keep the body straight.

The Tester family only ever had one BL car; PaterTester's company Rover SD1, which he had for three months, of which 2 were spent in the dealer's workshop, before his boss returned an entire fleet of more than fifty sales reps cars to BL saying they'd never use BL cars again. He got Renault as replacement, and MaterTester bought a Fiat 126.

Actually, despite some people's prejudice against Italian cars, the Tester family has owned many small Italian runabouts ranging from the Fiat 126 through a Lancia Y10 to the new Fiat 500, and all of them have been reliable and really very good. I just wish I'd kept my old Y10 because they're starting to be collectibles now.

I'm glad my Daimler's from the Ford era.
    Mr N still has the tulipty skoda citygo or summat which isn't really built for 200km a day journeys, it also seems to have problems getting into reverse gear.

Apparently he will have a new one in a few weeks, am hoping it's not another skoda

I miss my old alfa gt q2
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Starying on lunch now - 5 chocolate donuts, 1 lite of yogurt, 500g of grapes and a box of country slices.

To be fair, its breakfast as well.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I'm sure I used to like mushroom soup, but the last one I had had lots of chunks of mushroom in it that quite put me off.

Dunno why.
        Same here, don't like chunks of mushroom in mushroom soup.

For a tinned soup it wasn't bad.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Starying on lunch now - 5 chocolate donuts, 1 lite of yogurt, 500g of grapes and a box of country slices.

To be fair, its breakfast as well.
          I had donuts for breakfast this morning as well.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just got an e-mail regarding the BGE member day the chef from Lambermon's will be in attendance as well as chefs from De Librije and FG

Norrahe's blog

Comment

He got Renault as replacement, and MaterTester bought a Fiat 126.

Actually, despite some people's prejudice against Italian cars, the Tester family has owned many small Italian runabouts ranging from the Fiat 126 through a Lancia Y10 to the new Fiat 500, and all of them have been reliable and really very good. I just wish I'd kept my old Y10 because they're starting to be collectibles now.

I'm glad my Daimler's from the Ford era.
              Loved my Fiat Croma. Brilliant car. Cost me £300 to buy and about £600 to keep on the road for 4 years before the tin worm got it on 11/9/2001.

The Tempra was ok.

The <spit>smoky Marea was a very poor buy, only lasted 2 months before I part-exed it for the equally disappointing Passat.

The Seicento has required ooodles of money* to keep it on the road & I suspect it won't get through another MOT.

*sump**, petrol tank**, brakes, handbrake cable**, brake pipes, brake hoses.

**did those myself, couldn't then be arsed with the rest of it.

Comment

Found this wonderful comment:

Originally posted by Francis Brett
                Handling concentrated the mind?i owned a few of these dogs and the handling paralysed me with terror on a corner at 40 mph,filmer paradise must have been on smack when he claimed it had to look better than the capri!
                here:

The cars : Morris Marina/Ital development history - AROnline

This made I larf:

Originally posted by Comical Engineer
                The handling was utterly dire and it was marginally safe only because it lost grip at such ridiculously low speeds, especially in the wet.

You never knew which end was going to let go first and whether you would get terminal understeer or rear axle tramp oversteer.

On several occasions I managed to get both simultaneously going round a motorway junction near our home.

I also recall one occasion when, between two larger vehicles, it got a “tank slapper” on at 60 mph. That was scary.
                Last edited by zeitghost; 8 May 2014, 14:12.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Despite the long-held belief that Ital Design was responsible for the revised styling of the new car, it was somewhat less involved in the process – simply handling its productionisation. Of course, the story soon got out that the Morris Ital was actually the work of Giorgetto Giugiaro and, as one insider has subsequently said: ‘…why spoil the story with facts, we thought!’...

Needless to say, Ital Design did not appreciate the fact that its name was being attached to such a car, despite the fact that it allowed the original Morris Ital television advert to be filmed on its premises. Subsequently, Ital Design treated the Ital as something to be quickly forgotten – a non-event.
                  It's not something Ital Design seem to want to boast about. Who can blame them?

Car Gallery | Italdesign Giugiaro

Here's Giugiaro with another of his creations. He's obviously spent some time learning his trade since his youth.

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 8 May 2014, 14:33.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Mrs BP wants to get a dog for baby bp. I told her to pay for it. And Im not picking up any poo.

Comment

Just been out to do some shopping. Had to dodge the TV cameras outside Barclays

Comment

Working...
                      X