• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      I'll get around to it at some point...
      Watched the first one, will give it another shot but not that impressed so far, it reminds me of twin peaks.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

Just waiting for the ZeitMaterCarer to turn up.

Comment

Can I go home yet?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Beautiful day.

Thinking I might drive down to Virginia Waters and run round the lake. Something I always fancied doing, although I expect the reality will be somewhat more sweaty and breathless than the smooth effortless running of my mental vision.

Comment

Morning!

Seem to have picked up a bit of post-contract immuno-collapse man-flu. Coughing and sniffing. Am kick-starting the immune system with a blue mountain coffee and Talisker.

Lovely day so am planting seeds and seedlings and making beer and wine homebrew! Woohooo!

Too tulipty to cycle so will leave that until the end of the week.

Have been making biltong - the whole house smells of steak according to GF#1 - can't smell a thing.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                Morning!

Seem to have picked up a bit of post-contract immuno-collapse man-flu. Coughing and sniffing. Am kick-starting the immune system with a blue mountain coffee and Talisker.

Lovely day so am planting seeds and seedlings and making beer and wine homebrew! Woohooo!

Too tulipty to cycle so will leave that until the end of the week.

Have been making biltong - the whole house smells of steak according to GF#1 - can't smell a thing.
                What's the process for biltong, is it easy?

Mr N attempted to sous vide steak on Saturday, he probably left it too long, so it wasn't very medium rare, more medium and it tasted of nowt in the end. It was more the steak was crap than anything else. Fely sorry for him as he soo wanted to cook me dinner.

I seriously need to find somewhere that sells aged steak, and by aged I mean at least 40 days minimum.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  What's the process for biltong, is it easy?
                  Just marinade (cure) the steak in red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, crushed coriander seed, crushed pepper and chilli (can use garlic too) for 18 hours in fridge, turning every now and then. I'm using GF#1's dehydrator to see if it works, without having to use a makeshift air dryer. Very experimental at the moment. Will probably need to refine timings, cure mixture and dehydrator - might try some smoking.

I'll let you know the results tomorrow!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Revenge of the 5th ?
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      Just marinade (cure) the steak in red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, crushed coriander seed, crushed pepper and chilli (can use garlic too) for 18 hours in fridge, turning every now and then. I'm using GF#1's dehydrator to see if it works, without having to use a makeshift air dryer. Very experimental at the moment. Will probably need to refine timings, cure mixture and dehydrator - might try some smoking.

I'll let you know the results tomorrow!
                      I'm curing some bacon atm and will be smoking it in the egg Thursday evening, it's only a small piece ( 250g), so not sure how long I should smoke it for.

Am also curing some spare ribs as well, traditional Irish style.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X