• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Tomorrow will be switching to bicycle for commute. Can my lardy arse cope with a 40 mile/day ride!??!?!
    Your lardy arse might cope with it but you'll need a good saddle otherwise your 'gentleman's area' will suffer. What sort of bicycle is it?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Your lardy arse might cope with it but you'll need a good saddle otherwise your 'gentleman's area' will suffer. What sort of bicycle is it?
      And I'm dreading doing 5k a day
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

My accountant has said that I may be able to claim the costs for my bike
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Specialized Secteur Apex Elite with Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels and ceramic main cog. I've got a nice padded undergarment and my gentlemany bits have been hardened in previous years. I will be coating them in lots of Vasoline though whether I need it or not 'cos it feels quite pervy!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

TMI.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Some sort of cloggy bike, have no idea other than its the one bike I've found that when I adjust the saddle the handlebars are still ok for me to use.
              Most cloggy bikes are too high for me or the frame too big.

The cloggies don't go in for fancy bikes, they are a functional thing to get you from a to b.

Sorry to disappoint.

Have to also purchase some panniers.
              A noob mistake is to have the saddle much too low. Stand next to the bike, and nose of saddle at top of the arse-crack is a good starting height. Means you're less likely to bugger your knees.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                My accountant has said that I may be able to claim the costs for my bike
                Do, I put mine through.
                Just need to be able t back-up it is 'wholly' for business use etc. Punctures MOTs etc all add up.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Specialized Secteur Apex Elite with Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels and ceramic main cog. I've got a nice padded undergarment and my gentlemany bits have been hardened in previous years. I will be coating them in lots of Vasoline though whether I need it or not 'cos it feels quite pervy!
                  Oh you know the score then. I got my arse measured properly and then put a Specialized Romin Evo saddle on my Cannondale Caad 9 and it's been a great relief for the area where feminists think my brain resides. I'd started to have problems with getting depressed after long rides and the coach at the racing club suggested it was to do with the flow of hormones being restricted or summat like that. Indeed, I was using a large saddle, thinking that because I'm a large-ish bloke that was right, and my perineum was being put under pressure; when they used the measuring seat they realised my sitting bones are quite close together and so I got the 'M' sized saddle. The bike has a very stiff frame, which is great for speed and cornering but with the wrong saddle it can cause serious problems.

Mind you, I wouldn't recommend the saddle as it's such a personal thing; some people hate it, others love it, and it seems that goes for pretty much any saddle.

I´ve never done the vaseline or cream thing though and haven't found it necessary, but I do wear a clean pair of shorts and fairly tight synthetic undies every time I ride, and I mean I'm religious about hygiene in that area as I don't want any of those nasty tunneling sores that some cyclists get.
                  Last edited by Mich the Tester; 15 April 2014, 08:01.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                    Do, I put mine through.
                    Just need to be able t back-up it is 'wholly' for business use etc. Punctures MOTs etc all add up.
                    Doesn't even need to be wholly - as long as it's primary use is business and personal use is incidental.

Was wondering about tubes etc - haven't been putting those through, but suppose I should.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      A noob mistake is to have the saddle much too low. Stand next to the bike, and nose of saddle at top of the arse-crack is a good starting height. Means you're less likely to bugger your knees.
                      They're not too particular about saddle height here, given that you have kids riding bikes that are way too high for them.

Its taken me this long to find a bike that was right and that I could get my feet to the ground on. Cloggies are pretty tall.

My knees are fecked anyway from 15 years of competitive athletics.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X