• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      ommm
      Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Mr N came home with a new work car, it's some horrible skoda and it's white

Thankfully its just a temporary hire car until they sort out what he's actually getting. Unfortunately it won't be an alfa
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          There are worse places to stay. The Congo, for example
          But you're always sure of a plentiful supply of Umbongo whilst staying there.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I don't think I could handle being perm ever again. I hate the idea of there being no end in sight. I like the variety that comes with contracting.
            WNFS.

However the end of this present gig is heaving into view.

Avast the topgallants.

Only 5 years to go.

Assuming I can avoid offing someone in human remains of course.

Comment

Morning!

Lovely ride in this morning. Bit cold though. Shot through the inside of an outside lane hogger - naughty me!

14 days left 'til end of contract.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Almost done with the CUKBook, all admin needs to do is a quick publish, them some testing and we're good to go!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Almost done with the CUKBook, all admin needs to do is a quick publish, them some testing and we're good to go!
                  Can't wait!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Bored.

Now.

I'm so knackered.

I need a holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      But you're always sure of a plentiful supply of Umbongo whilst staying there.

I've been to Kinshasa. Only spent two days there as a flight from Frankfurt to Windhoek had to be diverted. Most passengers gasped as the pilot announced we'd be stopping in Kinshasa, obviously knowing the reputation of the country. However, it was nothing like as bad as some of us thought it would be. Hotel (Memling) was excellent and it's quite an exciting town; loads of young people playing music on the streets, lots of nightlife and all over the place there were colourful characters known as 'sapeurs', who dress in extremely flamboyant suits and strike poses all over the place. Apparently they started out as a protest movement against Mobutu, who decreed that all men must wear sober clothing, preferably Mao uniforms. Many people in Kinshasa rebelled by dressing up as dandies, and they're still at it, young and old. An entertaining place but certainly for the more adventurous traveller. Not as scary as Jo'burg or Nairobi.

No sign of Um-bongo though.

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 8 April 2014, 07:50.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X