• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ello

Comment

Morning all.

I can barely keep up with reading all this overnight posting.

Comment

Morning

7 degrees, dry, Daimler perfect.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

On an EOD shift today and last night rear brake cable frayed. Going to take bike into Halfords this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Morning

7 degrees, dry, Daimler perfect.
            I was surprised you weren't protesting with the rest of the old car brigade in Den Haag yesterday over the new "old banger'' tax.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Had a bit of a near miss this morning whilst walking into work, cyclist not paying attention and went straight into Mr N, I managed to get out of the way. He must have been blind not to see either of us.

Though the cyclists here don't take kindly to non cyclists on the fietspad, even if we're well out of their way.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                I was surprised you weren't protesting with the rest of the old car brigade in Den Haag yesterday over the new "old banger'' tax.
                Nope. All they're achieving is to make other motorists angry by blocking the roads. That doesn't help at all. They're just playing into the hands of the politicoscum's 'divide and conquer' strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Nope. All they're achieving is to make other motorists angry by blocking the roads. That doesn't help at all. They're just playing into the hands of the politicoscum's 'divide and conquer' strategy.
                  Well these guys just blocked a field yesterday

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Well these guys just blocked a field yesterday
                    Pointless, but hopefully they made a nice day of it. Resistance is futile; the politicoscum are after everyone's money and they'll get it one way or the other. I'm just relieved their thieving plans for cars between 15 and 25 years old didn't go ahead; they were going to make people who use older cars as company cars pay the same company car tax as new cars, based on 25% of the catalogue price. Now it's going to be 35% of the day value, which makes a huge difference if you have a car which was 100,000 euros new and 6,000 second hand.

Comment

Wot's this "old banger" tax then?

Comment

Working...
                      X