• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Guilty as charged, m'ludd!
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      I deserved that!

I hope it helps that I just ordered a nice batch of mixed case from Naked Wines?

If not, feel free with more deserved beatings!

P.S Sorry to hear about the restaurant experience - 'tis true, when GF#1 was picking amongst the undercooked raw prawns in a recommended restaurant, one does give up hope at times over things so basic...
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I deserved that!

I hope it helps that I just ordered a nice batch of mixed case from Naked Wines?

If not, feel free with more deserved beatings!

P.S Sorry to hear about the restaurant experience - 'tis true, when GF#1 was picking amongst the undercooked raw prawns in a recommended restaurant, one does give up hope at times over things so basic...
        they do have some nice stuff.

I'm looking forward to getting my wine cellar sorted at the new place.

My first course was scallops, note the plural

I got one...

Am tempted to go to town on these guys on G+ but cloggies will quite happily eat this tulip and think it's ok.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          My first course was scallops, note the plural

I got one...
          Coquille? Good grief...
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Coquille? Good grief...
            Coquilles!!

Nog eenjte

I have little molskine note book, that I took out for as I'd written summat down regarding kitchen stuff to speak to Mr N about, I noted the waiting staff got nervous as they thought I was a critic.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I brew? my own wine from kits using kits with concentrated grape juice. takes around a month to get a drinkable brew for around £3 a litre. If you keep it a couple of months it's much better. Even at a month it is better than £5 bottles. It's only 15mins to start then 15 to bottle. sterilization of the bottles takes the time. I use 2ltr pop bottles and 5ltr water bottles 5 gallons at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                I brew? my own wine from kits using kits with concentrated grape juice. takes around a month to get a drinkable brew for around £3 a litre. If you keep it a couple of months it's much better. Even at a month it is better than £5 bottles. It's only 15mins to start then 15 to bottle. sterilization of the bottles takes the time. I use 2ltr pop bottles and 5ltr water bottles 5 gallons at a time.
                No thanks!

Am hoping at some point to invest in a vineyard. But that is plan C, plan B is a wine shop.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Bought some guinea fowl and some iberico pork chops.

Guinea fowl will be served with puréed sprouts (crème fraiche and butter) and a red wine jus. Served with Marques de Riscal Proximo rioja 2010

Iberico pork for tomorrow night served with a calvados jus and pommes dauphinoise. Served with Normandy cidre brut.

Mr N will be cooking these under my direction as my back isn't up to it.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all...

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning

Comment

Working...
                      X