• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

happy timesheet/invoice day

Comment

morning
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

morning

Comment

Still worried about NorPussII,
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

Depressing lack of people in donkey jackets huddled around fire in 45 gallon drum.

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Comment

Morning
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Fook - just cycled home in the pitch black - got off my bike and found my rear light wasn't working. It was fine when I left the office, so no idea how much of the journey I'd done invisible.
                Reminds me of the time when I'd just acquired my beloved Fiat Croma.

Driving home along the M4 the rain became torrential, so I thought I'd put the headlights on.

Naturally enough, I eventually found (after the rain had stopped) that I'd turned them off by mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Reminds me of the time when I'd just acquired my beloved Fiat Croma.

Driving home along the M4 the rain became torrential, so I thought I'd put the headlights on.

Naturally enough, I eventually found (after the rain had stopped) that I'd turned them off by mistake.
                    This may be Italian electronics; I had an Alfa 166 for a while; beautiful car, fast and comfortable, but it did have 'issues'. One of them was a strange phenomenon with the headlight switch. After some tim without trouble, the headlight switch went into some sort of 'reverse reality'; suddenly the lights went out at night, and I wiggled the switch back and forth; then I noticed that when I switched the lights off, they went on, and when I switched them on they went off, and it remained that way until a short time later I sold the car, complete with a puddle in the rear footwell that was starting to smell.

I don't know how you make a simple light switch that suddenly reverses its own functions; I can only assume it isn't a simple switch but some miracle of Italian software development.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Sadly, in my case it was simple idiocy, though in my defence I could barely see out of the windscreen due to the deluge.

Comment

Working...
                      X