• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    We're meeting with the finance guy on Monday to choose which mortgage we'll go with, he's lined up a few lenders.

Unfortunately we will not get 100%, as we're both on 1 year contracts ( which is the norm here these days, even for permies), so I will kiss good bye to a huge chunk of my savings.
    Yep, in the space of a couple of years, Dutch bankers have gone from being gung-ho cowboys who spat in the face of 'risk' to being weedy little scaredycats with the spine of an earthworm. Not sure which I prefer actually.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Yep, in the space of a couple of years, Dutch bankers have gone from being gung-ho cowboys who spat in the face of 'risk' to being weedy little scaredycats with the spine of an earthworm. Not sure which I prefer actually.
      I'd prefer the ones who'd give me the full monty mortgage package.

It's a bugger as it eats into my savings but also means I own a higher percentage of the property than Mr N as he hasn't got any savings of note, which is not what we want.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        11:50 - only just!
        Can we stick to pedantry in general and not TPDII please
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          I'd prefer the ones who'd give me the full monty mortgage package.

It's a bugger as it eats into my savings but also means I own a higher percentage of the property than Mr N as he hasn't got any savings of note, which is not what we want.
          If you want to make a legally binding declaration of the proportion of ownership of the house, you can do that in a 'samenlevingsovereenkomst' for which your friendly local 'notaris' will send you a hefty invoice; I seem to remember it being a couple of hundred euros. Or, if you marry, you can divide the property as you wish by marrying under 'huwelijkse voorwaarden'.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            If you want to make a legally binding declaration of the proportion of ownership of the house, you can do that in a 'samenlevingsovereenkomst' for which your friendly local 'notaris' will send you a hefty invoice; I seem to remember it being a couple of hundred euros. Or, if you marry, you can divide the property as you wish by marrying under 'huwelijkse voorwaarden'.
            If I pay more then I own more, simples! It's how we do things. If he wants to own equal amounts then he has to pay me back the half of the deposit.

'samenlevingsovereenkomst seems to be the same agreement that you can get in the UK, as for marriage, ah, no, Ted!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              Had a laugh last night at GF#1's crappy rental: she said the bathroom seemed very warm despite there being no radiator in the room. Turns out the doofus of a plumber had wired the cistern to the hot water supply. Not fun when you're on a combi boiler!

Comment

That explains the hot flushes then.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

a menopausal toilet

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

a menopausal toilet
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      Morning all!

Two more days of freedom left - will go out on the bicycle today for a small ride.

Had a laugh last night at GF#1's crappy rental: she said the bathroom seemed very warm despite there being no radiator in the room. Turns out the doofus of a plumber had wired the cistern to the hot water supply. Not fun when you're on a combi boiler!
                      People pay a fortune for self heating toilets
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X