• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though I do like bacon and cabbage.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

And spare ribs ( salted pork ribs).
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        But surely cabbage must be boiled for at least 2 hours to make sure a) it's really dead and b) all that nasty vitamin C is dead too.

Bicarbonate of Soda helps with b) of course.

Must remind my mother-in-law. Nearly time for her to put the sprouts on for Christmas dinner
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          You went to the same cooking skool as my mother

I only discovered later in life that beef could be nice if it was cooked rare as opposed to cremated.
          I'm gradually trying to convince my wife of the benefits of a nice steak which hasn't been obliterated, or even a joint of beef with some colour to eat.

She doesn't like beef, and having eaten it at her parents house, I can understand exactly why she doesn't.

I can eat well done (eg. slow roasted, or pot roast) but cremated and left with no moisture doesn't really do it for me.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

It's month end today

Invoice is in.

Now I just have the normal 60 days until it gets paid.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I can' stop

I find it so funny.

He's finally met someone he can't bully.

Comment

Although looking at the remittance advice I received this morning, it looks like they will pay two invoices together this run.

If one is a couple of days late, and one is 30 days early, is it wrong to moan about the late payment?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  You went to the same cooking skool as my mother

I only discovered later in life that beef could be nice if it was cooked rare as opposed to cremated.
                  I caught a glance at some cooking prog or other last week where the beef was burned black on the outside & rare on the inside.

Personally I couldn't eat it like that any more.

Not after the tapeworm.

Comment

Morning!

Human Remains - useless feckers that seem to spread like mould when a corporation is making too much profit.

I went to Benares in Berkley Sq a few months ago - it was very, very good - art form food, but what struck me was how they made cauliflower have 4 different textures and feel like 4 completely different vegetables - genius.

I kinda like all the fancy food stuff, if it's done right and not just for the sake of it, but then I like the other extreme - homemade stews, pasta, pizzas and steaks.

It just has to be fresh food cooked really well and a restaurant with good atmosphere and friendly staff.

Speaking of which, must finish off my menu...
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      I'm gradually trying to convince my wife of the benefits of a nice steak which hasn't been obliterated, or even a joint of beef with some colour to eat.

She doesn't like beef, and having eaten it at her parents house, I can understand exactly why she doesn't.

I can eat well done (eg. slow roasted, or pot roast) but cremated and left with no moisture doesn't really do it for me.
                      I used to hide in terror when my mother said "pot roast" for Sunday lunch, she would dry roast it in a pan for hours, so instead of a lovely tender falling apart piece of beef, you got this bitter dry meat with a bitter gravy.

I normally cook it with 250ml red wine and 250ml beef stock for 3 hours on a very low heat, by that time the meat should be falling apart and all you have to do is thicken what's left of the stock for gravy.

I wish I could get brisket here, I've tried explaining but the butcher isn't sure what cut I'm talking about. The only meat cut guide I have is a "vlaamse" one that Mr N's mum gave to me from when she lived in Belgium, I think the cuts have different names in cloggers.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X