• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    That would be the best passport for me; EU membership, probably staying that way plus access to Britain through arrangements of the Anglo Irish agreement.

Now then, I wonder if they'll give an Irish passport to someone with a grandfather born in Belfast?
    Ik heb geen idee!

I have no idea how the passport thingy with Ireland works, I think people born in Northern Ireland might still be able to apply for an Irish one.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Ik heb geen idee!

I have no idea how the passport thingy with Ireland works, I think people born in Northern Ireland might still be able to apply for an Irish one.
      Dunno, but I think if the UK leaves the EU and the EU does this big trade agreement with Barry O'Bama then the Irish are in an ideal position to exploit Britain's self inflicted trade isolation and get very rich indeed.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Dunno, but I think if the UK leaves the EU and the EU does this big trade agreement with Barry O'Bama then the Irish are in an ideal position to exploit Britain's self inflicted trade isolation and get very rich indeed.
        Only to b*gger it all up again, in another 10 years.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Only to b*gger it all up again, in another 10 years.
          Well yes, and now that they've found oil you have the ultimate recipe for being a fabulously wealthy dictatorship that ends up as a failed state, except that Britain will be even poorer the way they're going.

Comment

Well yes, and now that they've found oil you have the ultimate recipe for being a fabulously wealthy dictatorship that ends up as a failed state, except that Britain will be even poorer the way they're going.
            I wasn't even aware of that, don't really keep up with Irish news any more.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I wasn't even aware of that, don't really keep up with Irish news any more.
              Googled and found this;

Fastnet eyes Deep Kinsale oil potential - RTÉ News

One of my dad's mates from the chemicals business is involved in it, that's how I heard about it.

2.4 billion barrels of oil is quite a lot of money for a small country.

Comment

Now then, I wonder if they'll give an Irish passport to someone with a grandfather born in Belfast?
                Yes.

Linky

You are entitled to Irish citizenship, but you must first register in the Foreign Births Register.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Yes.

Linky

You are entitled to Irish citizenship, but you must first register in the Foreign Births Register.
                  Yep, he was born ' on the island of Ireland', so I guess that must count. Looks like a solution.

Comment

Oooooh, perhaps I should get one then (I am a C "Child of A, born outside the island of Ireland")
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Afternoon!

It's all a bit doomish on the direct work so it's:

"Once more unto the contracting, dear friends, once more;
                      Or close the direct work with our Agency dead."

Still, in other news I made this:

Gelato Tricolore: basil, ricotta and tomato ice cream with candied cherry tomato and fried basil leaves.

Salute!

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X