• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

I'm torturing the freshers with CadStar this very morn.

And another lot this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Eggcellent. Plainly not GEC* then.

*of immortal memory, now gone to that graveyard of failed electronics companies in the sky, along with dear old Arnold Weinstock**.

**Not much missed, but rather better at running GEC than his feckwhit heirs were.
      if arnie was still around then god know how big the stock pile of cash would be. Instead he and his son passed and the fools that took over proceeded to spend and destroy everything arnie had built up

Comment

Though it must be said that Arnie managed almost single handed to destroy much of the UK electronics industry.

And the feckwhits fecked up the rest once he'd gone.

I heard a story about a GEC computer salesman who, through dint of hardwork, managed to get himself a bonus rather in excess of Arnie's remuneration.

Rather than praising this, the beancounter in chief (Arnie) rearranged the bonus system so this could never ever happen again.

It's no wonder we're fecked.

In some ways, I suspect this little story confirms some of Spod's comments.

Comment

Morning!

Torture them!

Took the bike in today, knowing it was going to rain in the afternoon. Need the wet practice.

Gah... tired...
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Aargh! I'm hiding in here to avoid saying something I regret in the thread about having children

Comment

Morning

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Aargh! I'm hiding in here to avoid saying something I regret in the thread about having children
                We seem to have this thread in different formats every year and the same row kicks off every time.

Can't stand kids and have no time for them and really get annoyed by sanctimonious parents.

Am I the only person who gets disappointed when their mates announce they're pregnant?
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Steak night tonight

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Steak night tonight
                    What time are you getting there? 6pm?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      We seem to have this thread in different formats every year and the same row kicks off every time.

Can't stand kids and have no time for them and really get annoyed by sanctimonious parents.

Am I the only person who gets disappointed when their mates announce they're pregnant?

Nope, because you know they're going to become incredibly dull and kids will be the only thing they ever talk about.

I just think it's incredibly patronising to assume that the only reason I don't want kids is because I haven't had any yet and if I did have some I'd see how amazing they are, (and probably become incredibly dull as well).

Comment

Working...
                      X