• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    my services are required but there is an issue with offering 6 months as it will spill over into the next financial year.

So a 3 months was suggested.
    to which I said I wasn't too keen. So I suggested a possible run until end of march (4.5 months) and they liked that.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      to which I said I wasn't too keen. So I suggested a possible run until end of march (4.5 months) and they liked that.
      but I said I'm not going through an agency and im going to carry on as normal and they were cool about that

Comment

however I said I wanted it on paper with a new purchase order number or I won't be able to work.

Comment

again they said it shouldn't be a problem and they will sort it out asap

Comment

so its not quite a boom more of a boom

Comment

and there should be plenty of work even after the end of march

Comment

Are your payment terms 90 days?

Comment

On which note:

Byeeeee

Happily it ain't raining at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Are your payment terms 90 days?
                    the contract states 30 days, but in reality the payment is ~ 10 days from receipt of invoice

Comment

Eggcellent. Plainly not GEC* then.

*of immortal memory, now gone to that graveyard of failed electronics companies in the sky, along with dear old Arnold Weinstock**.

**Not much missed, but rather better at running GEC than his feckwhit heirs were.

Comment

Working...
                      X