• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    On the plus side, I booked our campervan in for a re-fit in June this afternoon

Soooo excited about it
    I did a complete refit on my touring caravan last year. all new window seals and trim seals. new pipework and running gear.

Caravan is now 14 years old and still dry as a bone. We were going to change it this year, but have grown attached to it, and can't find anything newer that we really like.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      I did a complete refit on my touring caravan last year. all new window seals and trim seals. new pipework and running gear.

Caravan is now 14 years old and still dry as a bone. We were going to change it this year, but have grown attached to it, and can't find anything newer that we really like.
      The layout in this van just doesn't work for us, so we're having a more conventional layout put in instead. Met the guy a couple of weeks ago and he filled us with confidence. Self employed, one man band who admitted "I'm a crap businessman, but I love what I'm doing" - without even mentioning a discount, he knocked £75 off the base unit price!! He also told us that he could get a cooker unit for us, but said it would be cheaper for us to go somewhere else - told me where to go and get it, which will save £25 or so.

Unfortunately, he can't fit the van in until AFTER we get back from the camping holiday, but at least it means I won't have to clean the van when we get back because apart from the front seats and the top cupboards in the high top, everything is coming out
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

No idea Apart from the obvious breaks in the contract, though, he's fine to work for - no expectations, no delivery

I started this phase of the project in October and estimated it would take 6 weeks. We still haven't got an agreed spec because the business don't really like putting in writing what they expect the system to do.....
        Money in the bank and all that.

I had one clientco who refused to agree on budget and resources but a they approved my budget, as a result the project went nowhere as I didn't have anyone with necessary tecchy skills to get on with the work.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Money in the bank and all that.

I had one clientco who refused to agree on budget and resources but a they approved my budget, as a result the project went nowhere as I didn't have anyone with necessary tecchy skills to get on with the work.
          Yep - just keep invoicing and spending time with the girls while I can!

If this extension comes through, they'll be flexible enough to handle the five weeks off I'm having on holiday in the summer, which I doubt a new client would. That's why I'm not looking too hard for anything else - a three or four month extension should arrive eventually, which will be nice.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

The layout in this van just doesn't work for us, so we're having a more conventional layout put in instead.

My refurbished van.
            Toilet, shower, dressing room and wardrobe are through the door at the end (where the clutter is).

Comment

Evening all

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Evening all
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Oooh - 24242
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Time to order a DAB radio to go in the campervan...
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Oooh - 24242

Comment

Working...
                      X