• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Just checked the Met Office site for weather in Pitlochry on Sunday. There is a Rain Warning in effect from 7:00 am Sunday with winds forecast up to 20 mph, gusting to 40
    40mph? That's not even a breeze up there

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Just checked the Met Office site for weather in Pitlochry on Sunday. There is a Rain Warning in effect from 7:00 am Sunday with winds forecast up to 20 mph, gusting to 40
      Mild enough to fly a few kites.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Deja vu.

ClientCo haven't got funding in place to extend my contract. They have work to do. They can't do it themselves. There are few people who could do what they want to do. They need me to do it. They know they need me to do it. But they haven't got approval to offer an extension.

Think this is the third time we've been through this loop
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've given them my usual response - I'd love to keep working on the project because I like the work and the environment (and working from home!), however I can't sit and wait hoping for your paperwork to come through in case anything better comes along.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

If we were six weeks down the line, I'd tell them to go away and come back at the end of August when I'm back from my holiday(s).
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              If we were six weeks down the line, I'd tell them to go away and come back at the end of August when I'm back from my holiday(s).
              You'd think they would have worked it out from the first two times.

The PM sounds like a right numpty.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                You'd think they would have worked it out from the first two times.

The PM sounds like a right numpty.
                He's hopeless - managed to get funding for me last time round, forgot to get funding for anyone else on the project. I can't do anything without them, so the project is stalled. No doubt next week, there will be funding for them but not for me.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  He's hopeless - managed to get funding for me last time round, forgot to get funding for anyone else on the project. I can't do anything without them, so the project is stalled. No doubt next week, there will be funding for them but not for me.
                  How does this idiot still have a job?
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    How does this idiot still have a job?
                    No idea Apart from the obvious breaks in the contract, though, he's fine to work for - no expectations, no delivery

I started this phase of the project in October and estimated it would take 6 weeks. We still haven't got an agreed spec because the business don't really like putting in writing what they expect the system to do.....
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

On the plus side, I booked our campervan in for a re-fit in June this afternoon

Soooo excited about it
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X