• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon of even more cooking planned today.

It took 7 hours to make the soup yesterday but it was worth it in the end, now I know why my mate charged so much in his restaurant.

I've got some pork ribs marinading since yesterday in oyster sauce, soy, garlic, brown sugar and star anise which will be slow cooked until coming off the bone and the sauce is nice and sticky.

Inspired to make some fresh pasta and pesto and contemplating a chocolate fondant. I've also got some fresh asparagus.

Will also cook some pork belly for tomorrows lunch ( it needs to be slow cooked for 8 hours).

Decisions, decisions!
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

TV is up and rock solid - I managed to find the noggin (horizontal stud) and got 5 really tight fixings in

Comment

I had to visit the electrical shop for a 90 degree aerial plug

Comment

but its all up and looks tip top.

Waiting for bedside cabinets to come this afternoon.

Comment

ribeye for tea that I bought today on way home from taking little un swimming.

Comment

all we need now is a chair for the dressing table.

Mrs 5* is looking at clear acrylic chair with chrome legs and they are ~100-150.

For a chair

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                all we need now is a chair for the dressing table.

Mrs 5* is looking at clear acrylic chair with chrome legs and they are ~100-150.

For a chair
                Mine cost 225 each, if you want quality you have to pay for it.

The dining table I have my eye on is 2.5k, but I be buying that until I buy a new house.

Last thing I want is a table that is too big.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Right!

Asparagus prepped, fondants made and in the fridge, pasta dough made and ready to be rolled.

Waiting for Mr N to go to the shops and get the basil for the pesto sauce.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Mine cost 225 each, if you want quality you have to pay for it.

The dining table I have my eye on is 2.5k, but I be buying that until I buy a new house.

Last thing I want is a table that is too big.
                    I have no objection to paying that for a dining table and chairs - but a dressing table chair - I suggested a nice fold down flat thing from ikea

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      I have no objection to paying that for a dining table and chairs - but a dressing table chair - I suggested a nice fold down flat thing from ikea
                      We bought new dining chairs (six) last year. need new ones now because we bought cheap carp at £48 each. I warned her but she liked them

Note to self, buy chairs yourself.
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X