• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Interesting. I bet you are one of the few who is grateful to Beeching though!

Note to Wales invasion force - leave power tools in vacinity of Diver's house. He wont be able to resist cutting off some extremity or another....

By the way, if anyone is interested;

Towable digger for sale on ebay, like mine
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      I just shot you in the bored thread
      Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

It's only a flesh wound though.

Comment

When I dug the last tree stump out at the bottom of the garden, I found a layer of red brick that had been under the roots. I prised one of the bricks out and there was a hollow under it so I put my arm through with the digital camera and took some flash photos. There was a large disused brick culvert 5 ft under my garden!
        I have now done a redesign on my workshop to include ground beams to span the culvert (don't want it collapsing under the weight of the building)

Are you sure that's disused?

It looks like a sewer to me.

Though happily lump free at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Any idea what is was originally for? If it is disused is it worth filling it in?

I bet these are stupid questions - so if you want to move my questions from tpd to general then feel free.....
          Super duper PALI!

Comment

There used to be a canal behind my house, it was filled in in the 1800's and they put a railway line there. that has now gone (1960's) so your guess is as good as mine. It's big enough for me to crawl through, so I will leave it there in case the english invade again and I need an escape tunnel
            Which line was that then?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              but as she is not old enough for owner to pay her she just helps and we pay her a whole £7 for 1.5 hours work
              PALI!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Are you sure that's disused?

It looks like a sewer to me.

Though happily lump free at the mo.
                Bone dry. That is limescale on the bottom. The lower end of the culvert no longer exists as there was a road bridge and road dug/built through it in the late 60's
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Will to live has been lost again
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Problem with getting up so early is that everything is done and dusted by mid morning

Though there's still no evidence of gigs, anywhere in cloggers.

Not sure if I'm willing to consider doing the weekly commute back to blighty.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Problem with getting up so early is that everything is done and dusted by mid morning

Though there's still no evidence of gigs, anywhere in cloggers.

Not sure if I'm willing to consider doing the weekly commute back to blighty.
                      Give up Cloggers and come back to the Big Smoke. We need you!
                      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                      X