• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Think I might end up sticking it in the other corner, leaving enough space round it to walk to the bookcases, and turning it into a convenient dumping group for the stuff that ends up in here.
    There are 3 desks in my office.

They're all covered in various crap, computers, vcrs, radios (big & heavy kind), etc.

Can't use any of them.

Can't get to two of the bookcases because of the desks, filing cabinet, big heavy radios, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      There are 3 desks in my office.

They're all covered in various crap, computers, vcrs, radios (big & heavy kind), etc.

Can't use any of them.

Can't get to two of the bookcases because of the desks, filing cabinet, big heavy radios, etc.

The desk with the computer on is now useless apart from working at the computer, so I need more space. I might even have space for this desk and the new one along one wall, but I'm not hopeful.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I'm getting frustrated that I can't easily get to the bin when I'm working, so I end up piling the rubbish on the floor to one side, and the recycling on the floor to the other side.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

eldest has my old office desk and its ideal for her room
          I had fun and games getting my current desk and bookcase assembled in the office,

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            I had fun and games getting my current desk and bookcase assembled in the office,
            my office is part of the spare room in the loft conversion.
            So I had two flights of stairs and when I go up there I had a sloping roof so limited where things can and can't go.
            I do think I need a new filing cabinet

Comment

IIRC, your eldest is older than mine, though.

My desk was the desk in my parents study, and it's really nice. Trusting it to an 8 year old and a 5 year old is a bit much
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

my office is part of the spare room in the loft conversion.
                So I had two flights of stairs and when I go up there I had a sloping roof so limited where things can and can't go.
                I do think I need a new filing cabinet
                The loft conversion when we moved in had one bedroom and one study. Study became craft studio for MrsF, bedroom became my study with a double sofa bed for when people come to visit.

When they get older, I'm pretty sure that I'll have to sacrifice this room and have the smallest bedroom which is currently in use for DD2. Unless I can kick MrsF out of the craft studio and the girls can have that room instead, because this one has wired broadband and I need it
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  IIRC, your eldest is older than mine, though.

My desk was the desk in my parents study, and it's really nice. Trusting it to an 8 year old and a 5 year old is a bit much
                  Yup, my eldest is 15 and has one of the best rooms in the house (until we finish our master room)

Youngest has a nice big white desk from ikea and its covered with stuff but easy to clean with a bit of multi surface.

Comment

Byeeee

Comment

Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X