• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

72 all out

We're number one!
    We're number one!

Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      179-9. This is looking good.
      Famous last words

Comment

45 minutes until I collect the twins.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          72 all out

We're number one!
          We're number one!

The ECB have put out a statement explaining the above quote.

We're number one when playing in our own country and / or conditions which favour both our batsmen and bowlers. Any implication that we're number one when playing in another country, or in conditions which might not be exactly what the batsmen and bowlers need to perform reasonable, should not be implied by any mention of England (and Wales) being number one.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Mornin'
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Mornin'

How are you? Doing anything nice today?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  that didn't work - I got back from dropping mrs 5* off at her friends to find a wet patch on the floor and the isolation value that I told the engineer was the problem was leaking.

The rust around the casing of the valve was a bit of a give away.

I borrowed eldests phone and I've got video footage of the leak.

So I called british gas and an engineer will be out before 1pm. I asked that the incompetent fool who has been out twice before to be excluded from the call.
                  I called british gas yesterday and asked for a different eng to come out.
                  They arrived just as the football was starting.
                  It took 2.5 for him to replace A valve.
                  He started to tidy up and I checked the work and it was the wrong bastard valve and it was still leaking.

Comment

so he had to drain the system all over again and start on the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      so he had to drain the system all over again and start on the other one.
                      and the leak is repaired - but we now have a nice vibrating noise of pipe on pipe.
                      Its coming from the rather large drain joint that he put in.

While it was vibrating I got up on the ladders and put my hand on the rather hot valve the vibrating stopped.

Guess who will be calling them again

Comment

Working...
                      X