• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmmm ..... venison
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Okay girls,perhaps I got off on the wrong foot yesterday, but by way of making amends I am going to share a simple wholesome recipe with you all today. It was remiss of me to assume that everyone has the culinary grounding I have had, and I must try and remember that many are struggling with a tight budget. So.....today's easy recipe is:-

Sweet Potato and Parsnip Soup

Peel and cube the sweet potato and parsnips and place in a large saucepan with some oxo stock and bring slowly to the boil. Add in some coconut milk, garlic, grated root ginger, coriander, and black pepper. Allow to simmer until the parsnips and sweet potatoes have gone soft and, if you are feeling a bit naughty, a few dashes of Ricard. At this point you can remove it from the heat and blend it for a creamy filling meal. If you want to bulk it up a bit then it is an ideal way to use up that leftover venison/brisket/Lamb from the Sunday roast. Lovely. The hubby, kids and I like nothing more than dunking our hot butter-laden crusty bloomers into a piping hot bowl of this nectar, and rememberthere is never any waste because what doesn't get eaten can be frozen in a tupperware container for next time.
      Quick and easy to prepare they will be crying out for more. Go on, give it a try.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Aww bless. He thinks he's on mumsnet.

MF - I'm getting worried about you ....
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Looks like there's lots of problems with the code that ClientCo installed this weekend
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

No-one thought to mention that occasionally, error messages are thrown in multi-byte characters.

No-one thought to test using anyone other than American users, because the testing and support team are all in America.

Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

And by just retrying and resubmitting without actually cleaning up anything, they appear to have made matters significantly worse - there's now a horrendous error coming out

And since it's production, I have no access to the system, and certainly no access to the database, so there's bugger all I can do about it.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I've suggested that they take the new patch which I've just cobbled together to ignore multi-byte / non-English error messages being thrown, but knowing them, they will leave it for a while before deciding that it needs to go into production.

By which time either

(1) I'll be on holiday

(ii) The system will be screwed

or (d) both of those.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Looks like this phase of the project might need to start paying for some of my time again.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Stern looks in the direction of the testers.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

SIX months in testing, and they didn't spot any of this?!?!?
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X