• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other possible start point is stored in the database.

Unfortunately, not the database where my code will run, but in a completely different isolated system.

Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Project Manager has just booked a weekly conference call - every Monday through to the middle of June. My contract has 15 more billable days to run, and it's impossible to deliver a solution.

Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        put them under the radiator
        I was going to put them on top, but there's not much point since it's cold.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          I was going to put them on top, but there's not much point since it's cold.
          Have you tried bleeding the radiator?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Comment

Bored.

Now.

And I'm about to put my jumper on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Project Manager has just booked a weekly conference call - every Monday through to the middle of June. My contract has 15 more billable days to run, and it's impossible to deliver a solution.

Are they aware that you only have 15 days left ?

What are your plans after that ?

Comment

currently downloading a large db - state of play is :
                  38% 439MB 548.2KB/s 22:07 ETA

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Are they aware that you only have 15 days left ?

What are your plans after that ?
                    No idea. My original estimate was 6-8 weeks. They sorted out a contract for 45 days between whatever the start was and January 13th, with specific deliverables. We haven't agreed the spec yet, though, and it now seems to be an impossible build.

If they offer an extension, I'd be daft to turn it down because it's work from home on a good rate. This is phase three of the contract - none of the phases are linked, though.

Phase 1 was completed in May, but they have only just hit the last round of testing because they ignored it for so long.
                    Phase 2 was completed in September, but they couldn't get anyone to test it. Someone did one test and I made a minor change, and I've not heard anything since October about whether they are testing it or what is happening. Since that phase wasn't paying for me, I've not chased it.
                    Phase 3 is the real nightmare because the business insisted on using the wrong product to do the task, which means that it can't be done any more. No-one realises this, though.

Just keep billing, just keep billing....

Time to do the November invoice
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Time to do the November invoice
                      It's away!
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X