• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Back to the Saturday papers, no Sunday papers as nowt is open on a Sunday here.

You don't get all the magazine inserts either

ho- hum!
    Goodness me, it sounds like the middle ages.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 21 November 2011, 08:37. Reason: wtf did that 's come from?

Comment

Stopped getting the Sunday times ages ago when the articles became as bad as reading the sun

You can get the Telegraph over here which is good.
      I was horrified on Saturday when the oik in WHS offered a discount on my Practical Wireless if I deigned to take a copy of "The Sun".

I intimated to him that I wouldn't wipe my arse on that rag & politely declined.

Comment

Morning
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

We had a fantastic 3 bird roast from them one year.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I was horrified on Saturday when the oik in WHS offered a discount on my Practical Wireless if I deigned to take a copy of "The Sun".

I intimated to him that I wouldn't wipe my arse on that rag & politely declined.
            I always take the freebie newspapers - sometimes it's the Sun and sometimes it's the Times. And then I bin them right outside the shop.

Some years back, I remember The Times did a free copy day - you could just take them from the newsagents. I watched someone take the whole stack from WH Smiths, and bin them
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Afternoon chaps
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I've just seen the 'can I expense a caravan?' thread.
                What a shame it didn't get posted in General (even if he was being serious)
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  I've just seen the 'can I expense a caravan?' thread.
                  What a shame it didn't get posted in General (even if he was being serious)
                  It should really be moved just

Maybe cojak can move the thread over ...

Comment

meeting this afternoon. I can't stand meetings, and I really can't stand them when Im tired

Comment

Playing around with different accountant options at the moment.

Need to see whether I owe the current accountant anything to prepare the accounts this year. Since they are sitting in a file on my dining room table and they've already done the personal tax return, I think it should be low.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X