• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Beef casserole
    Skirt?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Need to dig out the slow cooker recipe book.

The girls love Brunswick Stew, and now it's getting colder, it's a good one.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I also do the gammon in the slow cooker - with cider / sparkling wine / flavoured beer.

Must get some more cheapo flavoured sparkling wine next time we're in France.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

We tried to do mrs 5* famous chilli in the slow cooker and it was a flop, far toooo wet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I also do the gammon in the slow cooker - with cider / sparkling wine / flavoured beer.

Must get some more cheapo flavoured sparkling wine next time we're in France.
            Get some Normandy cider
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              We tried to do mrs 5* famous chilli in the slow cooker and it was a flop, far toooo wet.
              Easy to remedy, you can reduce the sauce when its finished and therefore thicken it. It also concentrates the flavour a tad more
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I made a huge batch of borscht and also some tom yam goong (which I may have left the chilles in a tad too long).

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Skirt?
                  Shin is better.

I did find a local butcher that keeps the bone in the meat and therefore you get marrow bone, which adds lots of flavour makes a glossy sauce.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'm going for a brew and a chocolate biscuit

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Shin is better.

I did find a local butcher that keeps the bone in the meat and therefore you get marrow bone, which adds lots of flavour makes a glossy sauce.
                      Girls weren't too keen on it the last time we did it in the slow cooker

They're not too keen on beef, which is a shame because it's my favourite. MrsF doesn't like it either, probably because she's been left with three working taste buds after years of eating cremated meat at her parents.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X