• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Another day of dealing with imbeciles looms
    Hear, hear.

at least it's Friday
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I've found a local'ish print shop that will print some photos 20"x16" for ~£4.50 each.
      Good job really as we bought the frames and thought it we could get them printed at tesco/asda etc..

I'll be going in with my memory stick later today/early tomorrow morning.

Comment

While I've got my memory stick out I might as well do this weeks invoice

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Another day of dealing with imbeciles looms
          I face that every day with the esteemed customers.

It's the odd few with more than 3 brain cells each that make it tolerable.

Comment

Will hopefully get to order my dining chairs this evening.

I hope the delivery is as quick as my sofas
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Will hopefully get to order my dining chairs this evening.

I hope the delivery is as quick as my sofas
              Our two new carvers came last week and they are really nice. Although the eldest appears to have taken charge of one of them.

Comment

Grey, foggy day in ye olde London town. But luckily we have a low imbecile count.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Our two new carvers came last week and they are really nice. Although the eldest appears to have taken charge of one of them.
                  We have my grandparents old dining room set, which has one carver. The children know better than to even consider sitting in MY chair.

My great-grandparents bought it for my grandparents as a wedding present, and I'd been nagging my parents for it for years.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

We have my grandparents clock above the fireplace in the dining room. Its doesn't match the rest of the wood in there but I like it.
                    Proper wind up clock plus another winding motion to make it chime.

If I remember correctly my granddad bought it with embassy 1 cig cards.... but I can't be sure.

Comment

Well, my work for the day is pretty much complete.

Emailed client pointing out that the process works exactly as it always has done. If they want to change it, I can do it, but it will take time and money (different project is paying for my time now). I won't get a response.

Emailed client pointing out that the other problems they are facing have nothing to do with the work I've been doing - I've waited two hours for the system to respond and got nowhere. Maybe start talking to DBA / support people about it rather than to someone who has no access to the system.

Oh wait - half of them ARE the support people
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X