• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all who +ve repped me over the Breaking Bad thread.

I still don't understand what's weird about it, but there you go.

Comment

On which happy (and non bald note):

Byeeeeeee

The ex-lustee was gutted today because I'd eaten all the sweeties.

Comment

Former decorator rang to see if we were taking him up on his bid.

I said he was well out of our budget, he has reduced his figures, but they are still way out.

He was getting a tad desperate by the end of the call and doesn't want to lose custom, apparently he's "revising" his figures and will get back to us.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Former decorator rang to see if we were taking him up on his bid.

I said he was well out of our budget, he has reduced his figures, but they are still way out.

He was getting a tad desperate by the end of the call and doesn't want to lose custom, apparently he's "revising" his figures and will get back to us.
          You need to get your head around the 'day rate'. There is a limit on what these people can charge and the time it takes. No decorator is worth more than £20 - £25 per hour.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Back to the flashing lights machine.

Then, when I've got it taking note of the PIR sensor, it's time to build another 13 pcbs.

A lizard's work is never done.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  You need to get your head around the 'day rate'. There is a limit on what these people can charge and the time it takes. No decorator is worth more than £20 - £25 per hour.
                  I know how long it should take as he's done it all before it's the fact he seems to have upped his prices significantly.

If he comes down to my price then it should work out around the 120 a day.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

oh and morning all

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

If he comes down to my price then it should work out around the 120 a day.
                      Is this a cash price ?

£120/day is about average (100-150).

Have you told him that he will get the job if his price is right ?

Comment

Working...
                      X