• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Do you find if you've worked in certain industries that you tend to be more critical especially when on the other side of it.

Have been trying to recruit people via pimps and its interesting seeing it from the other side.
    Most memorable is the (male) candidate who fancied me.

And the other candidate who had n word processing systems, none of which appeared to have a spell checker.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I've noticed that too.

Whenever I arrive at the station early, the fecking train is delayed or cancelled.

It's karma.
      Don't think its karma, just east midlands trains
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Most memorable is the (male) candidate who fancied me.

And the other candidate who had n word processing systems, none of which appeared to have a spell checker.
        I've just had very pushy pimps, with very high opintions and deluded ideas.

Especially the one who kept telling me that all the candidates he sent were the right match.

Were they b*ggery, most of them didn't have the main skill I needed.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Seems to be national bimblers day today, lots of people getting in the way on the tube and in the street.

And its not even tourist season yet, now that is a right ol' pain in the behind.

At least I don't work near the tower of London anymore.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Don't think its karma, just east midlands trains
            you are not filling me with confidence with east midlands trains !

Comment

Morning

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                you are not filling me with confidence with east midlands trains !
                They are not that bad, just always seem to have problems coupling their trains in the evening, doesn't delay just a faff really.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Seems to be national bimblers day today, lots of people getting in the way on the tube and in the street.

And its not even tourist season yet, now that is a right ol' pain in the behind.

At least I don't work near the tower of London anymore.
                  The Cheltenham Gold Cup is a fun time to work in Cheltenham.

But at least that only lasts a week.

Comment

when I had a gig close to the NEC there were a few times when traffic was a nightmare.

Crufts - major headache.
                    Spring Fair
                    Clothes Show
                    Plus the occasional motor bike exhibition, camping/caravan (WTF) made traveling in/out a pain.
                    I used to do 7-3 to miss the traffic.

Comment

The pain extends as far as Rugby.

Couldn't stay in my usual Travel Lodge when some thing or other was on at the NEC.

It was a tad irritating.

Comment

Working...
                      X