• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    And I wore my pink shirt especially.

Or, as Toyah would say, "It's a mythtery".

Oops. Said Her name. Back in 5.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

We ordered a new breadmaker yesterday.

They came to deliver it today.

While we were out at the dentist.

They left a card.

They'll come back Monday.

We're out on Monday.

Arse.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        <in reference to going to the dentist:>Nooo. I don't want an image to associate with dentistry that can pop up in my dreams at night. <shudder>
        The dentist looked in my gob then made two more appointments for me for a week or so. One at 8 a.m. and one in the afternoon.

The 8 a.m. appointment is to take an impression of the existing crown. He will then remove it (it falls out anyway) and then remove the roots.

There is no visible tooth left for him to pull, so I dread to think how he will remove the root.

Either:
        - he will tap it like a screw socket, screw in a bolt and pull it out that way;
        or
        - he will drill and drill and drill randomly into my skull until he is happy I have suffered enough;
        or
        - he will pull out an eyeball, drill a hole down through the eye socket, push a cold chisel down the hole and then, using a mallet, hammer the root out from the pointy end.

Probably all three of those, in order.

Comment

Osteopath again today.

I was fine until a half hour ago and now everything has stopped working and started hurting.

More beer methinks.

I've told Mr N he's prepping dinner.

Unfortunately for him that does not mean picking up the phone and ordering summat.

Better get back and see if he's finished cleaning the mussels
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            It's been a while since there was a properly busy one, like when there would be 200 or 300 posts overnight.
            You need a certain critical mass of contributors, each providing ideas to spark off new conversations.

Comment

Which reminds me,

while sitting in the motorway services, in the hire car, we were facing the lorry park.

There were Mercedes lorries (actually, tractor units) beside one another. And two DAF tractor units (both DAF CFs), two MAN tractors (I forget the models) then two DAF XFs. Plus some others.

The paired up ones were not from the same companies.

Evidently truckers like to park beside similar tractor units - maybe it makes parking easier?

Comment

Anyway, we started comparing the DAF CFs and DAF XFs and the Scania R420s with the Scania R440s and the Volvo thingie versus the Volvo wotnot.

And suddenly, the attraction of trainspotting became clear.

Mrs RC spent the return journey checking out John Raymond Transport and Eddie Stobart tractor units (the firms have 'merged') to see what units they each use.

And other such excitement.

Comment

We also started wondering why there are many, many car dealerships, but we have never noticed a tractor unit dealership.

They must exist, Shirley?

Comment

Listening to The Shuttleworths is similar to reading TPD.

And both are very much a minority sport, too.

Comment

I noticed whilst on the motorway two things, one regarding lane control and the other regarding mobile 'phones.

Comment

Working...
                      X