• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    The shock would kill him, and if it didn't the exertion would probably finish him off.
    That sounds like a worthwhile plan!
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

We made some pear, melon and pineapple wine a while ago.

It was bloody awful. Tasted of melon skin. So it went down the sink.

Except for one bottle, which I hid away.

I've just opened and poured it.

"Ooh, that's nice" says Mrs RC. "What is it? Is it that Gewürztraminer?"

It is three years since we made it. It is now a rich golden colour and very smooth.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        We made some pear, melon and pineapple wine a while ago.

It was bloody awful. Tasted of melon skin. So it went down the sink.

Except for one bottle, which I hid away.

I've just opened and poured it.

"Ooh, that's nice" says Mrs RC. "What is it? Is it that Gewürztraminer?"

It is three years since we made it. It is now a rich golden colour and very smooth.
        I was given some poitín about 10 years ago, it actually tastes nice now.

Though through the years it was great for getting those stubborn sticky labels off various objects.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          I was given some poitín about 10 years ago, it actually tastes nice now.

Though through the years it was great for getting those stubborn sticky labels off various objects.
          Oh, potcheen. Aha.

It tastes better as it has slowly eroded your taste buds away, I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Oh, potcheen. Aha.

It tastes better as it has slowly eroded your taste buds away, I expect.
            bottle matured for 10 years.

Its normally inflicted on curious dinner guests.

great for stubborn stains.

amazing though how it has mellowed over the years.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Viz has excelled itself this time.

"Oral & Hardy"

"Celebrity Pig Wank"

Excellent stuff. I'm only on page 4.

Comment

It isn't raining here.

Or if it is, I can't tell for the torrents of water running down the windows and incessant hammering on the conservatory roof.

We haven't got a loft to put our valuables in. I wonder if the people upstairs would take 2 PCs, 2 laptops, 2 netbooks, my organiser, the savings tin, my wife's jewellery, etc.? I've never met them, but they might be nice.

We've got to do a 5 hour round trip to collect some boxes of research material today. Bliss.

Comment

taking it easy today again, hoping to eliminate this cold finally.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Had a gardener round to give us a quote for tidying up the dead stuff, sorted!

Now all I need is a decent cleaner.

Next stop; getting some new fronts on the kitchen cupboards, re-tile and put lino over the hideous tiles.

Also big clear out due, so skip ordering is next on the list.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Had a gardener round to give us a quote for tidying up the dead stuff, sorted!
                      Bury the corpses deeper, next time.

Comment

Working...
                      X