• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon All
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Lurgy not so bad today.

Thankfully Mr N's is better too, considering he's got 3 assignments due and two vivas this week.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Got a red flashing light on the dishwasher, thankfully turning off and on seemed to do the trick, as having checked the manual , it would have meant replacing inlets, but in order to do so, pulling out the dishwasher and a washing machine to get at said inlets.

Don't think I could cope with having to wash up by hand.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well the badger ales experience ended up in me pouring several ales down the sink, when one reads about "fruity" aromas, one does not expect said ale to actually taste of said fruit

Thankfully I had purchased some tanglefoot and ferret, so it wasn't too bad. Some of their ales such as lemony cricket which is infused with lemongrass are quite subtle and suited to the ale in question, but the blandford fly, golden glory and poachers were a tad too much.

Though the poachers has a nod for being a good ale to use in a beef and ale stew.

Ah well.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Although from what SY01 says about his domestic situation, I may as well be living in his basement.
            Reading his thread, I am sooooo glad I don't have kids.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Some of their ales such as lemony cricket which is infused with lemongrass are quite subtle and suited to the ale in question, but the blandford fly, golden glory and poachers were a tad too much.
              Despite being a HUGE fan (mostly round the waist) of Badger Ales, I am no fan of adulterated ales, and feel the same way about Lemony Cricket and Blandford Fly (yuck) as you.

Golden Glory is spectacularly highly hopped for aroma; a few bottles of that gives me a weird hangover headache the next day, which is a shame since I enjoy drinking it.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Despite being a HUGE fan (mostly round the waist) of Badger Ales, I am no fan of adulterated ales, and feel the same way about Lemony Cricket and Blandford Fly (yuck) as you.

Golden Glory is spectacularly highly hopped for aroma; a few bottles of that gives me a weird hangover headache the next day, which is a shame since I enjoy drinking it.
                Golden glory reminded me of peach schnapps, I couldn't finish it, I do like the cricket, which is their summer ales, but prefer tanglefoot and ferret.

Am now supping their first gold which is rather nice.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

A couple or 3 years ago I came across a Co-op petrol station shop which had mis-priced their bottles of Badger Original at 50p per bottle.

I bought the lot; about 30 or 40 bottles IIRC.

Sadly, its 3 point something % alcohol level is just below that which registers on my in-built detector; no matter how much I drink the water content sobers me up again.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Well I decided to try the other badger beers as they were 20% off or summat in the local Waitrose.

I'll stick to my regular stuff, but can add first gold to my list of preferred tipples.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

evening all

Busy day again,just printing some stuff off for a discussion I have tomorrow @ 12.30

Comment

Working...
                      X