• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    This year we're going to a Michelin star restaurant in Marlow, lets hope the roads are ok tomorrow.
    Hmm. Having had a look at their web site & menu (there appears to be just the H&F in Marlow), it's a bit pretentious for my taste - but that's just me. I'll stop at home and have the left-over chicken risotto, if that's OK by you.

Anyway, you only have to get there: they have accommodation...
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Hmm. Having had a look at their web site & menu (there appears to be just the H&F in Marlow), it's a bit pretentious for my taste - but that's just me. I'll stop at home and have the left-over chicken risotto, if that's OK by you.

Anyway, you only have to get there: they have accommodation...
      Been wanting to go there for a while, a chef friend of mine and the sommelier at another restaurant we go to regularly have recommended it.

The food is hardly pretentious compared to some other places we've been to in the past, here and here , though here is nice as well

The accommodation is a tad on the expensive side for what you get. Besides the route we're taking is mostly a43 and m40, so fingers crossed.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well if we don't make it, I have some foie gras and some artisan cheeses that I bought myself as a b'day present. that will go nicely with some trockenbeerenauslese and some nice brioche.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Finally a non wasted journey down t'smoke.
          Bagged a new gig awaiting contracts

Though interviews are like buses atm, I had 3 other companies wanting to interview me.

Guess that ain't happening now.
          congratulations

Comment

my trip into the big smoke has been cancelled due to severe weather in brum,

Comment

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Indeed
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Is it bed-time yet?

Comment

No, not yet.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      No, not yet.
                      That's what I thought. So I went to bed at 01:00, having wrapped the newly-baked loaf, put the dishwasher on, and swirled the 3 demi-johns of wine that have had their stabilizer put in.

Comment

Working...
                      X