• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After all the phone calls, e-mails and letters regarding the fact that the previous owner does not live here any more, the debt collection agencies are still turning up on our doorstep.

We happened to be out, so I rang and gave the company short shrift.

Next time a I buy a house, one of the questions to ask will be "are you intending to default in your debts?"
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      There we are; decoded all the Sharp IR commands (the ones that I require, didn't bother with the teletext buttons since they're redundant with a capital NFU anymore).

Naturally it will require a bit of software hacking to make it all work.

I may be some time.
      I see you're pretty busy today then.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well thankfully my dentist appointment lasted all of 7 mins. I hate having my teeth cleaned

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          After all the phone calls, e-mails and letters regarding the fact that the previous owner does not live here any more, the debt collection agencies are still turning up on our doorstep.

We happened to be out, so I rang and gave the company short shrift.

Next time a I buy a house, one of the questions to ask will be "are you intending to default in your debts?"
          Ah.

Deep joy.

At least my problems with NTL were with a chap/chapess who lived in Port Talbot, some 5 miles away

Comment

I see you're pretty busy today then.
            That is me being busy.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Ah.

Deep joy.

At least my problems with NTL were with a chap/chapess who lived in Port Talbot, some 5 miles away
              They guy lives locally but only redirected his mail for 3 months and has started defaulting on loans and credit cards. None of the neighbours know where he's moved on to.

This was 3 years ago and he hasn't changed his address since!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

They guy lives locally but only redirected his mail for 3 months and has started defaulting on loans and credit cards. None of the neighbours know where he's moved on to.

Oddly, something like that happened to the woman I bought the house off, her new house was previously owned by one of those gits.

Comment

Have you reported the debt collection agencies to the ombudsman? Maybe you should also sue for harassment.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Have you reported the debt collection agencies to the ombudsman? Maybe you should also sue for harassment.
                    Well they turned up whilst I was out and I just rang the number they provided and told them to b*gger orf that they guy hadn't lived here in 3 and a half years. We've only had one lot turn up so far and haven't had to deal with them face to face yet.

I'm sure there'll be others.

I think the banks and other credit companies haven't bothered to make note that the git doesn't live here.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just listening to the michel tomas French cds and boy are the people on the cd dumb

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X