• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 hour meeting today, the customer is in to discuss the system I've been writing for them

Comment

Morning all.

Ex-lustee is here at the moment.

Comment

and I had to get up early today as the kids woke me up in order to give the wife her present and cards.

Comment

Another tedious day at the funny farm.

Comment

This'd be an ideal day to have a fire drill, considering it's pouring with rain, windy & highly unpleasant.

Comment

However, looking on the bright side (as ever), my MSF decoder is actually decoding the transmitted bits from the look of it.

Only another state machine and an LCD driving routine & it should be perfecto.

I can't, however, understand what the first 17 (34) bits are all about, it's something to do with differential between clock time & sidereal time (I think).

Comment

That's my day off to a good start: I've pissed off a copper.

Every day as I walked to the bus stop, I walked past the back of the cop shop and had to negotiate a car that is always parked on the pavement, partially blocking it. It pisses me off when the Old Bill get away with things we can't; I believe they should adhere to the rules we are expected to adhere to.

So I've been saying for months I'll do something about it. I'd have probably scratched the bugger's bonnet as I lift my briefcase over it and sort of let it 'slip' one day, but because he is parking on the pavement right alongside the rear gate where the emergency vehicles come out, there's cameras everywhere, so that wasn't an option.

I've just walked Mrs RC to the station and the bugger is so close to the wall (bonnet facing the wall, back of the car facing out and completely on the pavement) that a push chair couldn't get past. Selfish bastard.

But, at the end of the road was the traffic warden. So I speak to him: "You're kidding, right? We're not even allowed to walk down that road, let alone do anything about them. You'll have to complain to the Police themselves. There is absolutely nothing we can do. The door to the Police station is there, they'll be open, go and complain. We can't. We're not allowed to."

So I did.

The old (in her 50s) woman on the front desk was blasé. I said it has been pissing me off for weeks. She wasn't bovvered. I said it was on the pavement, makes people walk in front of emerging emergency vehicles, that a wheelchair cannot get past. Not interested. I said "You couldn't even get a push chair past it."

"Oh, well, that's not on. That's causing an obstruction that is. If you knew the registration I could do something about it..."

"Yes. It is a <colour> <make and model> <registration>."

"I'll get it moved right away..."

So, that's the Right Of Way For Pushchairs supported.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Morning all

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Morning All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Ex-lustee is here at the moment.

Hello, Zeity's ex-lustee.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Hello, Zeity's ex-lustee.
                    Well that's scared her off for the day.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning

Another exciting day in sockie land.
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X