• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't. It was rather unpleasant in a hair shirt sort of way.

Morning all.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning.

I had a night off from sorting the house out tonight and went to a work quiz-night instead.

We came third.

Comment

Afternoon all
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Did the dirty deed on Monday and told clientco to stuff it (in a professional manner of course)

Haven't lined anything up, so a tad foolish, but it was bearable on my old project, but less so on the failing one (read dead and buried) I got dumped on me.

Have one interview next week, and waiting on times and dates for another.

I may have to brace myself for some benchtime!
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Did the dirty deed on Monday and told clientco to stuff it (in a professional manner of course)

Haven't lined anything up, so a tad foolish, but it was bearable on my old project, but less so on the failing one (read dead and buried) I got dumped on me.

Have one interview next week, and waiting on times and dates for another.

I may have to brace myself for some benchtime!

Feel better though?

Comment

I used to love the ineffable sense of relief as one drove away from a gig for the last time.

Comment

I've had it even more with some of my permie engagements.

Comment

My only permie job so far has also been my shortest at 4 weeks

All my contracts have been longer than that.

Comment

Wasted most of my "career*" in perm.

Ho hum.

*A polite term for a downhill race to oblivion.

Comment

Working...
                      X