• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weather is not looking too bad. There is some high thin cloud but sunny breaks. What does the forecast say?

Comment

A few showers expected later. It is 14℃ at the moment, should get up to 17℃ later, brrr, I don't like winter.

Comment

I'm sure that I have mentioned before but it feels so completely wrong to my Northern European brain to go the whole of the winter without a mid-winter festival to break it up.

Comment

It will come as no surprise to discover that the real locals do have a mid-winter festival, known as matariki. Observed when the seven sisters can be seen in the same part of the sky as the rising sun, end of May or in June. It marks the start of the new year.

Comment

It is not treated as an official public holiday though and most people ignore it.

Comment

The Queen's Birthday though is an official public holiday.

Comment

Do we have that shaking head emoticon yet?

Comment

Then you get Christmas in the middle of the summer.

Comment

People use that as an excuse to take a long break.

Comment

Nothing much happens during December and January as a result.

Comment

Working...
                      X