• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I have noticed is that HTC have realised that they should copy Apple and Blackberry in some areas. When you type a Gmail, it automatically adds "Sent from my HTC" as the signature for you now
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
      One thing I have noticed is that HTC have realised that they should copy Apple and Blackberry in some areas. When you type a Gmail, it automatically adds "Sent from my HTC" as the signature for you now
      Stop it

I probably won't have mine till (hopefully) next Friday.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Stop it

I probably won't have mine till (hopefully) next Friday.
        Sorry - one big downside to it, honestly, is that the USB charger isn't a standard USB socket.

I've relied on charging my phone at work by the chances of someone having either a PC USB cable that I can use, or a blackberry or similar mains charger that works. The HTC one is different, though, so I'll need to buy an in-car charger again, which is a PITA.

Apart from that, it does some very clever things, like spotting similar accounts for your contacts (facebook, flickr, and email) and suggests linking them together. Which means that I can easily get birthday details etc. from a facebook profile rather than having to remember them. Would be nice to see if they remind me automatically, but I doubt that they will.
        If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Sorry - one big downside to it, honestly, is that the USB charger isn't a standard USB socket.

I've relied on charging my phone at work by the chances of someone having either a PC USB cable that I can use, or a blackberry or similar mains charger that works. The HTC one is different, though, so I'll need to buy an in-car charger again, which is a PITA.

Apart from that, it does some very clever things, like spotting similar accounts for your contacts (facebook, flickr, and email) and suggests linking them together. Which means that I can easily get birthday details etc. from a facebook profile rather than having to remember them. Would be nice to see if they remind me automatically, but I doubt that they will.
          According to this article the micro usb will be standard from now on.

As for birthdays, I'll have to enter them manually as I don't do facebook, only linkedin
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Good morning all!

Morning CM!

I'm knackered, couldn't sleep last night - someone was snoring!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Good morning all!

I'm knackered, couldn't sleep last night - someone was snoring!

Tell me about it - I reckon I got less than 4 hours last night

Comment

Had a really nice long weekend off, shame about having to come back.

DD1 somehow managed to convince me to buy her a JLS hoodie

Comment

There is an option on the blackberry internet service to remove that from your signature.

Comment

I've a load of ripped dvd .iso files on the NAS as home and I was wondering how I could view them on the netbook.

It doesn't have a dvd drive - so burning was out of the question

I transferred one to usb stick then I downloaded DAEMON Tools Lite - which enabled you to mount the iso and then watch it with any movie player.

Tonight I will be trying it out with The Damned United
                    Last edited by FiveTimes; 6 April 2010, 07:25.

Comment

Petrol prices, house prices, election fever - General's back to normal

Edit: Oh, speed cameras too, excellent.

Comment

Working...
                      X