• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Ooh, a century. How did that happen?

Pot luck, I'm sure.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

TPD doesn't seem slow to me
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        TPD doesn't seem slow to me
        It was probably just Bunk lurking for the century

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          I rather enjoyed that Fleetwood Mac thing on BBC1 last night.

Wot a tangled web they wove.
          I enjoyed that to - it's amazing that Rumours ever got made.

After watching it I immediately wished I had forked out the £75 to go and see them at the NIA after all (they were playing there the night I watched the documentary). I shall have to make do by adding The Dance to my Christmas list instead.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

I dont spend alot of time on cuk these days......

Comment

just about. again.

it's nearly lunchtime! again.

Comment

i'm bloody starving!

Comment

the early bird catches the worm without having to wait in the queue...

Comment

I've come back from the dentist. I wasn't quite shaking and sobbing, but not far off. What a wuss, eh?

Anyone who wants to know why I'm so afraid of dentists is welcome to hear the stories, if desired. But I cannot commit myself to writing them down: too unpleasant.

In short:
                      - when a baby, was hurt by a bad dentist dealing with an abscess. My Mum would never elaborate but she always said that with hindsight maybe she should have either sued him or had him struck off. I know no more than that and never asked.

- when small, sitting in the waiting room listening to the drill in the room above, followed by the screams; then seeing blood on previous patients as they left sobbing.

- when a teenager, having the needle jabbed into a bundle of nerves in the back of my throat. I thought my spine had been torn out of the top of my head.

- when in my 20s, I got conned by a dentist in Oxford Street. He had me keep going back and in the end I paid over £1,200 for a crown. He intentionally created a hole in a good tooth and took the enamel off the top of two others. All work creation for the future. He fled the country before the 7th appointment. I'm not sure he was a real dentist. I was too ashamed of having been conned to report him.
                      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                      X