• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day of infinite tedium begins.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      She put her helmet on and cycled off
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Errm. Are they as unwaterproof as they look?
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Morning y'all
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            It was quite a tourist attraction in its day.

I was taken up to see and cross it when it had recently opened. I think we even came away from that trip with some Humber Bridge souveniers.

Simpler, happier days.

I wonder if people still travel to go and see it?
            The Magic Roundabout in Hemel Hempstead (which was the world's first real bidirectional roundabout with true mini-roundabouts) (NOT Swindon or Colchester or Peterborough) (and was better because it was six mini-roundabouts and the whole thing was bidirectional and the mini roundabouts were real mini-roundabouts) has always had peope travel from all round the world to see how well it works.

And despite the occasional confused tourist being unhappy, it does work every well indeed. Why anyone struggles with it defeats me, it seems perfectly simple: treat it as a tiny ring road with six roundabouts on it.

Sadly, it has now been buggered up a little by the council fiddling with the exits.

Comment

Busy, busy, busy...
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Hemel Hempstead's development used to be managed by the Hemel Hempstead Development Corporation (which was owned by the Church of England).

I liked the place: airy, green, easy to get around, plenty of good entertainment, easy access.

Then the Development Corporation was shut down and management handed to the council.

It's now a mucked up tuliphole.

I'm amazed at the mess the council has managed to make of the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  My dad took me to the Kariba dam one day (we were living nearby at the time! I guess I was about 5) and carefully explained how long it took to build , how many people had died during its construction and that about six people were entombed in the concrete.
                  There's quite a few people inside bridges over motorways too. Some weren't accidents...

Comment

morning all

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      Ouch. Just cleared up a bit after dinner and think I've got a bit of chilli in my eye, so my left eye is crying and my right is not. Bugger!
                      You could have put some chilli in the other eye.

Comment

Working...
                      X