• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wipe

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
      plop
      You should have gone before the millennium
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I sense a movement in the Force.

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Well?
        199,000!

Well done!
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

plop
          splash
          wipe
          Now wash your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            I sense a movement in the Force.
            That was just DS having a plop.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Then again, I think it's cost me more than that in mobile charges calling their not-free-from-a-mobile 0800 number, because the Virgin Media landline hasn't worked in about four years - after the fifth or sixth failure, I gave up reporting the faults.
              I think they rely on that sort of thing.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

vdf & millennium!

again!

he's a master at it and no mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Light Bulb Moment

The other week I noticed that the quality of jpeg images in Safari seemed to be degraded quite badly. I googled a bit, then forgot about it.

Then I installed Snow Leopard. As I was looking a bit more closely at things, I realised that the jpeg problem seemed to have sorted itself out.

Last night I noticed it was back

I've only just realised: it happens when I'm forced (by Virgin Media's fail) to rely on my O2 broadband modem. Obviously O2's proxies are compressing the jpegs quite brutally to improve perceived speed of service. Of course this doesn't matter so much for a mobile phone with a small screen, but when a mobile modem is used with a laptop the poor quality is apparent.

Glad I've got that sorted out
                  I got a T-Mobile 3G thing.

It autoinstalled an image compression add-on into Firefox. Now ALL images in Firefox are very, very grainy regardless of how I connect to the InterNet.

I can see no way to disable or uninstall it.

Comment

great drivel gentlemen!

excellent work.

it's a pleasure etc.

Comment

great drivel gentlemen!

excellent work.

it's a pleasure etc.
                      WHS

Yours, in drivel, VF.

Comment

Working...
                      X