• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    zombie sounds fun - wonder what the age limit warning is...
    No older than 14.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Sadly, I may have to dismantle my version of the flashing lights machine coz I now need the breadboards.

Not fair!
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

or invoke sods law. the bigger the plans for home improvement stuff next week the more likely the chance of them not being achieved due to contract appearance?
        Won't work. Sod's 2nd Law ("Sod's Law cannot be invoked to the benefit of the invokee") will kick in.

In all my years of smoking, regardless of timetables, if I lit up a cigarette thoughtlessly the train / bus would arrive; if I lit it up on purpose to summon the vehicle then it would not arrive. That experiment was repeated hundreds of times so Sod's 1st and 2nd Laws must be Universal Laws.

Comment

sorry, didn't see you there zg (even though i quoted you!)
          How can you not spot a Giant Alien Lizard?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Can't do that. It's Apple remember. If you need the battery changed you have to send it back to them and pay a whacking great fee.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

This code is driving me up the wall. The original author built it for one case, then added some more in between doing other things, then got pulled off it before he had a chance to tidy it up. Now I've got to add yet another thing to it without breaking his bits. Even he has trouble remembering how it works...

Lots of trigonometry too, and it's all in mousemove events to make it even harder to follow
              Just delete it all and rewrite it from scratch.

It's safer and quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                [The TPD Time Machine] must be due a service by now.
                According to the sticker on the windscreen, it was due a service 4th May 2009 or 175,000 posts.

Oops.

I thought it was a bit smoky when pulling away onto a new page.

Whose job is it to book it in?

Comment

i bought some tickets to see neil young at the hammersmith odeon last year. over 200 quid each. i forget how much exactly. was worth it though. unforgettable.

Comment

I'm ploughing through the piles of paperwork / filing / crap accumulated over the past 3 months that got all mixed up when we moved.

This is so I can do the VAT return.

Comment

I have found the Energy Performance Certificate for the house we are renting.

Its Energy Efficiency Rating is "Poor" but could be improved to "Average".

I shall dash out and spend the £243 on the recommended upgrades to the landlady's house at once. Not.

Comment

Working...
                      X