• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    i prefer scrambled on toast myself.
    Which has a definite absence of enleakagement.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      I'm sorry, I stopped reading there.
      Why? You can slab on as much butter as you want onto the top slice.

Lubricating the lower slice with butter as well can, in a small number of cases, result in a high-speed ejection of the slippy egg out the far side, onto the floor and into the cat.

The risk is just not worth it.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Which has a definite absence of enleakagement.
        exact. though i do like em reasonably runny.

Comment

a score to score
          less actually

Comment

Lubricating the lower slice with butter as well can, in a small number of cases, result in a high-speed ejection of the slippy egg out the far side, onto the floor and into the cat.
            This becomes even more likely proportional to the number of eggs in the butty.

Comment

The Archers Theme
              One sunny Friday afternoon earlier this year I was leaving ClientCo, preparing for the drive home. I put on my sunglasses, lowered the roof on the car, fired up the engine, switched on the radio, turned up the volume and out blasted The Archers Theme. Kudos = 0.
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

beard dedication? not a good thing to go through at clientco is it. the ugly early growth. mind you the ugly mid and ugly late probably wouldn't help matters either.
                If you're that ugly, perhaps a beard would be a good idea?

Comment

i'd be using a plate and a knife and fork methinks.

Comment

Why? You can slab on as much butter as you want onto the top slice.
                    And therein lies the problem - I don't do butter on such sandwiches. My view is that if the egg (and bacon and sausage and mushrooms) are cooked properly (sometimes in butter) then the bread itself doesn't need more butter. The danger is that it then becomes a grease-fest.

Not that I don't appreciate the merits of grease.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      And therein lies the problem - I don't do butter on such sandwiches.
                      You surprise me.

Version 1.0 of my recipe suggested using no butter. I don't on egg or bacon or sausage butties. I assumed (ass-u-me) you would be preferring the extra free fats.

In that case, don't butter the top slice at all.

NB: the ketchup always goes on the BOTTOM slice. It protects the bread from yolk or fat on the egg.

Comment

Working...
                      X