• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

little bit of book work done...

Comment

They're discussing next week's intro in the lab.

O please let me die now.

Another set of disinterested customers are on their way.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
        you could always pretend to have a beer. see if the imaginary placebo effect has an effect.
        It does.

There is beer, null beer and anti-beer.

Beer has a positive effect. Having no beer is an absence of beer and has a negative effect. Note there is no such thing as zero beer.

Pretending you have a beer is even more negative than an absence of beer. It is an absence of beer, but without the beer. It is an "imaginary beer".

Just as the square root of -1 is an imaginary number, an imaginary beer is the square of a negative beer. And in beermaths, a negative squared is not a positive, it is a two-dimensional negative, which is at least a PunchUp.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          It does.

There is beer, null beer and anti-beer.

Beer has a positive effect. Having no beer is an absence of beer and has a negative effect. Note there is no such thing as zero beer.

Pretending you have a beer is even more negative than an absence of beer. It is an absence of beer, but without the beer. It is an "imaginary beer".

Just as the square root of -1 is an imaginary number, an imaginary beer is the square of a negative beer. And in beermaths, a negative squared is not a positive, it is a two-dimensional negative, which is at least a PunchUp.
          WHS, or something.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            Good idea. What we need is a party thread.
            We do?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

We do?
              Yes, it is Friday after all.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                There's some chap lurking over in the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                  there are a few drivelites who are mia though.
                  Lots.

Comment

The breadmaker finished at 8 a.m. precisely.

And I have just finished scoffing a honey doorsep butty made from the organic, wholemeal, granary loaf that came out of said breadmaker.

It was absolutely scrummy.

But I had to go and have a wash to get the honey off my fingers and beard.

Comment

The breadmaker finished at 8 a.m. precisely.

And I have just finished scoffing a honey doorsep butty made from the organic, wholemeal, granary loaf that came out of said breadmaker.

It was absolutely scrummy.

But I had to go and have a wash to get the honey off my fingers and beard.
                      I had some of yesterday's granary loaf toasted for breakfast. Yumski.

I'm saving the marmalade in my beard for later.

Comment

Working...
                      X