• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    you could always pretend to have a beer. see if the imaginary placebo effect has an effect.
    Good idea. What we need is a party thread.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

which was good because it is packed with mycompany info that i should not leave lying around. accounts and invoices and otherclinetco information.

Comment

i think i should instigate a new usb policy. clientco's data usb and mycompany usb. i do have another 8 gig stick that i bought for some reason at luton airport. never used it. now is the time.

Comment

which was good because it is packed with mycompany info that i should not leave lying around. accounts and invoices and otherclinetco information.
          I have similar info on my external HDD - I'm going to start making use of BitLocker or TrueCrypt on that drive I think.

Comment

well, not *now*. because my macbook is at home doing a full system backup.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              I'd love to know why my drive light is on 95% of the time. The guilty party looks like CSRSS.EXE or LSASS.EXE

I would rather it was the apps causing the bottlenecks, not the o/s.
              I've got some of those around my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                I have similar info on my external HDD - I'm going to start making use of BitLocker or TrueCrypt on that drive I think.
                i like the truecrypt! that helps.

Comment

i like the truecrypt! that helps.
                  Yeah, I've used it to create encrypted file-based virtual disks before, but never on a whole disk/partition.

Comment

Why...

...ah, OK.
                    Well, since you did, it's because the dish installed on the chimbley & thus out of reach to those of a nervous disposition doesn't work any more.

At least the lnb doesn't work, I'm sure the dish itself, being steel, is still perfectly funtional, aside from the jackdaw crap adorning it...

That's the other reason, the jackdaws can't warm their feet on the lnb of the dish in the box room.

If rain gives sparklies, jackdaws give sparklies++++.

Comment

Yeah, I've used it to create encrypted file-based virtual disks before, but never on a whole disk/partition.
                      I enabled BitLocker on one of the drives on my desktop rig the other day. Pretty straightforward really.

I guess it works well if you don't know it's there. And if it's secure, but I don't really have the skillz to test that.

Comment

Working...
                      X