• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyway. last week i tried a piece of third party software to transfer the songs from ipod to a file so that i could compare, contrast and clean before putting everything back.

Comment

it worked. on sunday i sat down to purchase the software in order to complete the job on a grand scale.

Comment

picked up the ipod, plugged it in and zilch. blank. empty.

Comment

overnight all the files had gone. the software works but nothing on it.

Comment

h'well. now the most complete library is not the ipod. no point in worrying about it. nothing i can do. mostly lost bittorrent stuff and all of that is on my laptop and easy to restore. just takes time.

Comment

i thik that third party software was to blame. it was a third party thing that buggered it up last time. moral of the story is don't use third party apps on your ipod. the library will get buggered.

Comment

now i've restored the best library from time machine backup (took about 6 hours!) and that is now back on the ipod.

Comment

during the course of this process i started tidying up my mp3 vinyl transfers from the other week.

Comment

only to discover that every single one of the albums that i had recorded had not recorded via the usb by by the laptop microphone

along with my comments, singing, footfalls, sundry plunbing noises etc.

what a plonker. m' guessing i had not pushed the usb in properly.

Comment

so now i've had to go and delete them all from the library. h'well. some of these i had recordered and lost (in the great hard drive disaster of 09). so it will third time lucky the next time i get a chance to do it. lord knows when that will be.

Comment

Working...
                      X