• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

I'm off back out again now...

Wouldn't like to miss a bargain in B&Q this afternoon.

It's a bank holiday you know...

I bought a 3 way 1.5m long phono to phono lead for £1.48...

I'm ever so pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Hi VF
      My brain reassembled that into "High VF wave" and the auto-correct lobe read it back to me as "VHF wave".

I think I must be tired.

Just waiting for some bacon to defrost so I can have a bacon butty with my next cup of coffee
      Why not cook it from frozen?

I bought some nice sausages in the week. The Missus grilled them and served them with onions fried in butter n baguettes. They were yumski.

The operative word in all this is "planning"...
      Planning is very important work, and quite tiring. Just doing the planning is quite enough for one weekend.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I bought a 3 way 1.5m long phono to phono lead for £1.48...

I'm ever so pleased.
        I'd have been even more pleased if it hadn't set off the alarm in Wilkinsons...

I ignored it & walked on...

Comment

Indeed

Therefore I have equipped myself with:
          • Mug of coffee;
          • Bacon butty;
          • 6.30 Collection, a 1934 GPO documentary showing the operations of London's Western District Sorting Office, restored by the BFI
          I watched that one you posted previously about the telephone exchange... it passed an otherwise tedious few minutes... (in "work", I might add).

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            I hate gardening.

I see no pleasure in it at all, just hard graft.

It is turning wild, natural, oxygen-creating ecosystem into methane-producing landfill.
            I'm quite happy to do that with my <spit> honeysuckle <spit>

After my efforts at devastation at Easter <no mad axeman smilie available>, it's now back as rampant as ever.

Where did I put that Agent Orange?

I'm sure I had a DC3 full of it somewhere.

Comment

Coz there's certainly nothing much in Swansea that could possibly generate that level of interest.
              When I was living in Neath, I used to dread needing to go into Swansea on a Saturday because of the queue of traffic trying to get there.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I've just discovered how much the HBOS thingie cost me in share value...

Down from £10k to £700 odd...

Added to the supreme success in both the pension pots, I really wonder why I bother...

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

When I was living in Neath, I used to dread needing to go into Swansea on a Saturday because of the queue of traffic trying to get there.
                  They're not trying to get to Swansea, they're trying desperately to leave Neath Port Talbot...

HTH...

Comment

They're closing in...
                    They certainly are. I backed into the tree and stomped off for a drink. I filled a pint glass with water and as I started to gulp it down a spider dropped off my head into the water.

CM asked if I live in the Enchanted Forest. The Bewitched Wood, more like.

Comment

They're not trying to get to Swansea, they're trying desperately to leave Neath Port Talbot...
                      Ooh, harsh! I quite liked Neath. Very friendly is Neath. Even to us Saesnegs.

Comment

Working...
                      X