• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Had my pre-op assessment for my hernia today - got the green light to be hacked at with a scalpel next week.
    Does Lucozade still come in a bottle wrapped with yellow cellophane? If so, you'll be pleased to know that you can replace the contents with neat Scotch and it looks the same.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      "You haven't got the gig, have you?"

"No. But admitting that is another matter."
      I'd be feeling the same way too, although it did take ages to hear back after the interview for my current gig. I'm still keeping various things crossed for you.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Does Lucozade still come in a bottle wrapped with yellow cellophane? If so, you'll be pleased to know that you can replace the contents with neat Scotch and it looks the same.

I once played the opposite trick on my wife (before we were married) at a party: while she was away "powdering her nose" some cad () decided to empty out the bottle of Southern Comfort she had just received as a gift, and replace the contents with Stones Bitter. The colour similarity was uncanny. On her return to the room the same cad () proceeded to down the contents of the South Comfort bottle on front of her. I'm not sure whether she was horrified or impressed, but she still saw fit to marry me anyway.

Comment

Had my pre-op assessment for my hernia today - got the green light to be hacked at with a scalpel next week.

Woohoo.

My friend had a hernia op a few years ago.... long recovery time!
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

My friend had a hernia op a few years ago.... long recovery time!
            Really? How long?

From what they were saying today I should be back at work in a couple of weeks, and back to heavy lifting (i.e. food shopping) in a month.

Comment

Really? How long?

From what they were saying today I should be back at work in a couple of weeks, and back to heavy lifting (i.e. food shopping) in a month.
              Yeah - I guess it was about that kinda time frame.... mind you it was 10/12 years since she had the op....

Seemed like a forever recovery time to me
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Woohoo.
                Should I congratulate you?

Comment

I once played the opposite trick on my wife (before we were married) at a party: while she was away "powdering her nose" some cad () decided to empty out the bottle of Southern Comfort she had just received as a gift, and replace the contents with Stones Bitter. The colour similarity was uncanny. On her return to the room the same cad () proceeded to down the contents of the South Comfort bottle on front of her. I'm not sure whether she was horrified or impressed, but she still saw fit to marry me anyway.
                  Mrs BP would have run a mile....

Comment

Utter silence.

The missus said earlier: "Have you worked out why you got wrecked last night?"

"Umm, no."

"Nothing to do with that interview, by any chance?"

"Suppose it might be."

"You haven't got the gig, have you?"

"No. But admitting that is another matter."

That's why I'm now back on the bench trawling through the ads again...
                    Sorry to hear that.

I hope something turns up very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Seemed like a forever recovery time to me
                      Thankfully I have lots of reading and T.V. to catch up on. And the kids to wait on me.

Comment

Working...
                      X