• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    ooh. nasty. how long have you suffered?
    Over two years now (according to the consultant's records). Had an ultra-sound on it a couple of years ago but there was nothing conclusive, and it seemed to fade. It's gradually got worse since then, and is much more obvious now.

Carrying kids around apparently doesn't help - I was supposed to avoid any lifting
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Over two years now (according to the consultant's records). Had an ultra-sound on it a couple of years ago but there was nothing conclusive, and it seemed to fade. It's gradually got worse since then, and is much more obvious now.

Carrying kids around apparently doesn't help - I was supposed to avoid any lifting
      Being in the "groin area" it's actually a relief to have it confirmed as a hernia rather than anything more sinister or serious, if you know what I mean.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

yes a hernia has to be better than testicular or pancreatic cancer. no doubt about it. two years is a long time. when is the op likely to be do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Oh, and they've run out of coffee

That's it, hand in your notice immediately!
          Walk out

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            So, now waiting for artist guy to turn up with 25 5W halogen bulbs so I can see it all working...
            I got bored waiting, so it's got 24 12V 100mA MES bulbs instead.

(Torch bulbs, if, in fact they made 12V torches... ).

It's 24 instead of 25 coz I lost one of the IRFD110 fets somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              now for the lizard point eh vdf?
              Feel free....

Comment

Oh yes, bit of dedicated drivel and we'll be there in no time.

Comment

Oh yeah, that. Groin, right side. Jolly uncomforable.

Got to decide between local or general anaesthetic
                  Tricky.

How brave are you?

Comment

Zeity,

Next door have an interesting object in their garden on the lawn.

It appears to be a 3 foot wide, circular, convex solar panel with a thin rubber tyre around it.

It is lying edge down on the grass facing the sun. From the centre point at the back is a 4 foot long pole connected via what looks like a universal joint to a stake in the lawn.

Over the past few days I've been watching it. It always faces the sun. It must very slowly roll round. Presumably it rolls back in the night when I can't see it.

- - - - - -

Some time back you were talking about a summer project. I remember discussion about a complicated way of making a solar panel face the sun.

Next door's solution looks very simple.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I cannot see why the surface is convex. Flat would have worked better, Shirley?
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X